Please recommend me a Madrid style's luthier

Aaron Green
Luthier

Re: Please recommend me a Madrid style's luthier

Post by Aaron Green » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:40 pm

I have to say that in any given budget one would do well to play all the guitars he or she can. Its not a car, it's not only good for 100k miles with a huge depreciation in value as well as lesser performance in the first few years. If I had that money to spend and wanted a Madrid guitar but not Bernabe or Ramirez then my experience would lead me directly to a Rozas and I'd be grateful that such a guitar can be had for what is relatively short cash. But regardless I would not be only looking at new or only at old. Just my two cents. I build and sell new and well as deal old so I got both bases covered. :)
Aaron Green, Luthier

Guitarists unite to help Anthony Weller. PM me to ask how you may do so as well.

RichardUno

Post by RichardUno » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:08 pm

Rick Falkiner's Guitar Center (guitarcentre dot com dot au) has a 1988 Manuel Contreras Sr. spruce doubletop on sale, the price is $8950 (Australian) but their export price is listed as $5950 (US). It's in mint condition, BR sides and back, no cracks o rrepairs, 650 mm scale. Sounds like it's worth a look.

rtong77

Post by rtong77 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:48 am

I want to buy not used guitar and brand-new guitar. only.

richard3

Post by richard3 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:18 pm

Teodoro or Sergio Perez again!
I played several Perez-flamencas and I still own one of them.
The all are made of excellent woods and show very fine craftmanship, good playability, good Madrid sound and good worth for the money.
Jose Luis Romanillos 1988, Matthias Dammann 1994, Gernot Wagner 2009, Teodoro Perez Flamenca 2015, Kim Lissarrague 2017

cattanarts

Post by cattanarts » Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:35 pm

rtong77 wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:58 am
Hi all, I'm looking for a guitar in the < 5000euro range.
My favorite guitarist is Andres Segovia and Angel Romero.
And The sound I like is well-rounded, deep basses and glowing trebles. The unique resonance of Spanish guitar!
So, I love guitar in Madrid.
Please recommend me a Madrid Style's luthier except Bernabe, Ramirez.
The luthier may not be in Madrid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0tY8REYdYE Angel Romero
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7Nv0A2vpQQ Andres Segovia
Hello, I would recommend you to look for one of those miracles called ''I am selling a Tezanos guitar for 5k-6k because..." they have been by far the best makers from Madrid, for that price range and maybe a bit less. Greetings from Madrid and good luck getting your guitar!

Return to “Advice on buying, selling or valuing a guitar”