Takamine classical E-30 help appreciated

Dave Stott

Takamine classical E-30 help appreciated

Post by Dave Stott » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:40 pm

I obtained a 1989 Takamine E-30 model classical guitar for $300 from a local guy.

FWIW -- No cracks, dings... Action is slightly high, but the neck seems straight & the saddle has plenty of room for adjustment. No sign of a truss rod.

As best I can tell, the E-30 was sort of a limited edition guitar from Takamine. Solid top, laminate side and back with an OVAL sound hole. Small electronics package built into it. It's not the tube type electronics. My guess is piezo pickup. Essentially, 3 slide controls ( Vol, treble and bass) Some sites like Reverb describe it as a less expensive version of the Hirade TH90.

I've searched internet and can't seem to find out much more than that about the E-30 guitar.

Anyone have any experience with it?

Here's a link to an old Reverb posting of one for photos

Just picked up a old Takamine Classical guitar model E-30 in a swap.

It's a nice guitar, oval soundhole with electronics. Neck is pretty straight, no issues, saddle still has room for adjustment. Body is in awesome shape considering the guitars age. The sound is really warm while played I'm guessing 1989-1990.

As best I can tell from the internet, it is a less expensive version of the Takamine Hirade TH90. I'm not sure how many years it was in production

There's conflicting information out there as to whether it is completely laminate or if the top is solid Cedar wood.

Any Takamine experts out there that can shed some light on the E-30?

here's a link to an old Reverb posting for an 1989 model for photo's

https://reverb.com/item/881885-takamine ... ge-natural
2015 Cordoba GK Pro Negra
2015 Cordoba Solista Cedar
2003 H-12 Froggy Bottom
1989 Takamine E-30 Classical

Dave Stott

Re: Takamine classical E-30 help appreciated

Post by Dave Stott » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:45 am

30 day bump... Just looking for any information on this guitar
2015 Cordoba GK Pro Negra
2015 Cordoba Solista Cedar