Córdoba F7 Paco

Laudiesdad69
Posts: 920
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:16 pm

Córdoba F7 Paco

Post by Laudiesdad69 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:29 pm

Anybody have experience with the Córdoba F7 Paco? It's new. Just wondering if anybody as tried one. I am looking for a new camping guitar. These are around 500 bucks from GC. Are the back and sides laminate? It might be preferable for summer camping trips. Supposedly comes with a nice gig bag. When I see a cheap guitar on the side of the road, I pull over and give it a ride, straight back to my guitar room. :D

Ramon Amira
Teacher
Posts: 2901
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:44 am
Location: New York City

Re: Córdoba F7 Paco

Post by Ramon Amira » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:38 pm

The Cordoba F7, the regular one and the Paco, is not that good a guitar. Unless you must have a flamenco, you would do much better with a Yamaha CG192, for the exact same price. Get it in spruce, put on static cling golpeadores, and you won't have a true Negra but you will be close enough considering the category. And the Yamaha will sound way better than the Cordoba.

Ramon
Classical and Flamenco guitar lessons via Skype worldwide - Classical and Flamenco guitars from Spain

Laudiesdad69
Posts: 920
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:16 pm

Re: Córdoba F7 Paco

Post by Laudiesdad69 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:35 pm

Ramon Amira wrote:The Cordoba F7, the regular one and the Paco, is not that good a guitar. Unless you must have a flamenco, you would do much better with a Yamaha CG192, for the exact same price. Get it in spruce, put on static cling golpeadores, and you won't have a true Negra but you will be close enough considering the category. And the Yamaha will sound way better than the Cordoba.

Ramon
Thanks for the advise. I am really looking for a guitar to take camping this summer. I will check out the Yamaha. I'm not necessarily looking for a flamenco. Just something around 500 bucks.

Salvador
Posts: 202
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:59 am
Location: Asia

Re: Córdoba F7 Paco

Post by Salvador » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:21 am

I am not happy with my GK Studio, so i don't think their other cheap models is also good. So it's better to find other brands.

Ramon Amira
Teacher
Posts: 2901
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:44 am
Location: New York City

Re: Córdoba F7 Paco

Post by Ramon Amira » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:19 am

Laudiesdad69 wrote:
Ramon Amira wrote:The Cordoba F7, the regular one and the Paco, is not that good a guitar. Unless you must have a flamenco, you would do much better with a Yamaha CG192, for the exact same price. Get it in spruce, put on static cling golpeadores, and you won't have a true Negra but you will be close enough considering the category. And the Yamaha will sound way better than the Cordoba.

Ramon
Thanks for the advise. I am really looking for a guitar to take camping this summer. I will check out the Yamaha. I'm not necessarily looking for a flamenco. Just something around 500 bucks.
Well, if that's the case, do yourself a favor and just get a Yamaha CG142 - $279. Sounds great and will suit your purpose perfectly, and cost even less.

Ramon
Classical and Flamenco guitar lessons via Skype worldwide - Classical and Flamenco guitars from Spain

Laudiesdad69
Posts: 920
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:16 pm

Re: Córdoba F7 Paco

Post by Laudiesdad69 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:47 am

kraft music has a bundle with Yamaha CG192 with case, stand, footstool, polish and some other trinkets For $569.00. I might give that a go. I really like the looks of that one as it has an ebony board. The case is cheaper than most if I buy it this way than if I got one from CG. I want to camp with it but also protect it. I think I will check one local and see if they can make a deal.

Dave Stott
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:24 am
Location: Connecticut

Re: Córdoba F7 Paco

Post by Dave Stott » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:43 pm

Since you are looking for a guitar for camping. A option is to watch the pawn shops and craigslist in your area.

You can usually pick up a really great laminate bodied nylon string guitar without breaking the bank. While it won't be concert sound ready, it'd be great for camping.

I suggest that you consider one that has a truss rod which could help you with environmental changes from camping.
2015 Cordoba GK Pro Negra
2015 Cordoba Solista Cedar
2003 H-12 Froggy Bottom
1989 Takamine E-30 Classical

beanctr
Posts: 128
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:43 pm
Location: Coastal, NC

Re: Córdoba F7 Paco

Post by beanctr » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:25 pm

I have a CG192 and I know its an inexpensive guitar but its so nice I couldn't bring it camping! How about a Yamaha C-40. R
"Guitar Hobbyist"

Laudiesdad69
Posts: 920
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:16 pm

Re: Córdoba F7 Paco

Post by Laudiesdad69 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:02 pm

Dave Stott wrote:Since you are looking for a guitar for camping. A option is to watch the pawn shops and craigslist in your area.

You can usually pick up a really great laminate bodied nylon string guitar without breaking the bank. While it won't be concert sound ready, it'd be great for camping.

I suggest that you consider one that has a truss rod which could help you with environmental changes from camping.
Do you know of any other brands that have truss rods other than Córdoba?

Dave Stott
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:24 am
Location: Connecticut

Re: Córdoba F7 Paco

Post by Dave Stott » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:06 pm

I'm pretty sure that a lot of the Alvarez Artist series classical hybrid's have truss rods & most of the Takamine 128 & 132 series models have truss rods.

I can't speak to other brands.
2015 Cordoba GK Pro Negra
2015 Cordoba Solista Cedar
2003 H-12 Froggy Bottom
1989 Takamine E-30 Classical

Return to “Advice on buying, selling or valuing a guitar”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], Ramon Amira, sphsieh616 and 11 guests