Córdoba F7 Paco

Laudiesdad69

Córdoba F7 Paco

Post by Laudiesdad69 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:29 pm

Anybody have experience with the Córdoba F7 Paco? It's new. Just wondering if anybody as tried one. I am looking for a new camping guitar. These are around 500 bucks from GC. Are the back and sides laminate? It might be preferable for summer camping trips. Supposedly comes with a nice gig bag. When I see a cheap guitar on the side of the road, I pull over and give it a ride, straight back to my guitar room. :D

Ramon Amira
Teacher

Re: Córdoba F7 Paco

Post by Ramon Amira » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:38 pm

The Cordoba F7, the regular one and the Paco, is not that good a guitar. Unless you must have a flamenco, you would do much better with a Yamaha CG192, for the exact same price. Get it in spruce, put on static cling golpeadores, and you won't have a true Negra but you will be close enough considering the category. And the Yamaha will sound way better than the Cordoba.

Ramon
Classical and Flamenco guitar lessons via Skype worldwide - Classical and Flamenco guitars from Spain

Laudiesdad69

Post by Laudiesdad69 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:35 pm

Ramon Amira wrote:The Cordoba F7, the regular one and the Paco, is not that good a guitar. Unless you must have a flamenco, you would do much better with a Yamaha CG192, for the exact same price. Get it in spruce, put on static cling golpeadores, and you won't have a true Negra but you will be close enough considering the category. And the Yamaha will sound way better than the Cordoba.

Ramon
Thanks for the advise. I am really looking for a guitar to take camping this summer. I will check out the Yamaha. I'm not necessarily looking for a flamenco. Just something around 500 bucks.

Salvador

Post by Salvador » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:21 am

I am not happy with my GK Studio, so i don't think their other cheap models is also good. So it's better to find other brands.

Ramon Amira
Teacher

Post by Ramon Amira » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:19 am

Laudiesdad69 wrote:
Ramon Amira wrote:The Cordoba F7, the regular one and the Paco, is not that good a guitar. Unless you must have a flamenco, you would do much better with a Yamaha CG192, for the exact same price. Get it in spruce, put on static cling golpeadores, and you won't have a true Negra but you will be close enough considering the category. And the Yamaha will sound way better than the Cordoba.

Ramon
Thanks for the advise. I am really looking for a guitar to take camping this summer. I will check out the Yamaha. I'm not necessarily looking for a flamenco. Just something around 500 bucks.
Well, if that's the case, do yourself a favor and just get a Yamaha CG142 - $279. Sounds great and will suit your purpose perfectly, and cost even less.

Ramon
Classical and Flamenco guitar lessons via Skype worldwide - Classical and Flamenco guitars from Spain

Laudiesdad69

Post by Laudiesdad69 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:47 am

kraft music has a bundle with Yamaha CG192 with case, stand, footstool, polish and some other trinkets For $569.00. I might give that a go. I really like the looks of that one as it has an ebony board. The case is cheaper than most if I buy it this way than if I got one from CG. I want to camp with it but also protect it. I think I will check one local and see if they can make a deal.

Dave Stott

Post by Dave Stott » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:43 pm

Since you are looking for a guitar for camping. A option is to watch the pawn shops and craigslist in your area.

You can usually pick up a really great laminate bodied nylon string guitar without breaking the bank. While it won't be concert sound ready, it'd be great for camping.

I suggest that you consider one that has a truss rod which could help you with environmental changes from camping.
2015 Cordoba GK Pro Negra
2015 Cordoba Solista Cedar
2003 H-12 Froggy Bottom
1989 Takamine E-30 Classical

beanctr

Post by beanctr » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:25 pm

I have a CG192 and I know its an inexpensive guitar but its so nice I couldn't bring it camping! How about a Yamaha C-40. R
"Guitar Hobbyist"

Laudiesdad69

Post by Laudiesdad69 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:02 pm

Dave Stott wrote:Since you are looking for a guitar for camping. A option is to watch the pawn shops and craigslist in your area.

You can usually pick up a really great laminate bodied nylon string guitar without breaking the bank. While it won't be concert sound ready, it'd be great for camping.

I suggest that you consider one that has a truss rod which could help you with environmental changes from camping.
Do you know of any other brands that have truss rods other than Córdoba?

Dave Stott

Post by Dave Stott » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:06 pm

I'm pretty sure that a lot of the Alvarez Artist series classical hybrid's have truss rods & most of the Takamine 128 & 132 series models have truss rods.

I can't speak to other brands.
2015 Cordoba GK Pro Negra
2015 Cordoba Solista Cedar
2003 H-12 Froggy Bottom
1989 Takamine E-30 Classical

Return to “Advice on buying, selling or valuing a guitar”