Greatest value you've ever found

HNLim

Re: Greatest value you've ever found

Post by HNLim » Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:50 am

My dream guitar since 1975. The Yamaha GC30A. Still the best sounding guitar that I have ever played or listen to. Marquetry second to none. Even after owning it for several years now, I still feel like I am dreaming.

viewtopic.php?t=88025&start=15

Adrian Allan

Post by Adrian Allan » Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:40 am

A few months ago I commissioned a Double Top Spruce/Nomex/Spruce for E1800 and received it a few weeks ago from a young maker (guitar no.13).
D'Ammassa Spruce/Spruce Double Top

Pje53

Post by Pje53 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:55 am

I came across a Goya model 104, imported by Juan Teijeiro, in a charity shop in Yorkshire for just £17 last year. I just had to buy it, especially having known Juan during the many years I worked in London and regularly visited his shop for music etc. The guitar was in a very poor and dirty condition with corroded and missing strings. Once I had repaired and serviced the machine head, cleaned it, oiled the fret board with lemon oil, polished and restrung it, the instrument came back to life with amazing tone. Amazing value and of great sintimental value to me too. I have lived in North Yorkshire for many years now, so I have no idea weather Juan is still alive?

Beowulf

Post by Beowulf » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:02 pm

Pje53 wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:55 am
I came across a Goya model 104, imported by Juan Teijeiro, in a charity shop in Yorkshire for just £17 last year. I just had to buy it, especially having known Juan during the many years I worked in London and regularly visited his shop for music etc. The guitar was in a very poor and dirty condition with corroded and missing strings. Once I had repaired and serviced the machine head, cleaned it, oiled the fret board with lemon oil, polished and restrung it, the instrument came back to life with amazing tone. Amazing value and of great sintimental value to me too. I have lived in North Yorkshire for many years now, so I have no idea weather Juan is still alive?
Try a simple google search for Juan Teijeiro guitar and you will find a 2012 youtube video with him...and his company is still active.
1971 Yamaha GC-10

Stephen Kenyon
Teacher

Post by Stephen Kenyon » Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:25 pm

Beowulf wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:02 pm
Pje53 wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:55 am
I came across a Goya model 104, imported by Juan Teijeiro, in a charity shop in Yorkshire for just £17 last year. I just had to buy it, especially having known Juan during the many years I worked in London and regularly visited his shop for music etc. ... I have lived in North Yorkshire for many years now, so I have no idea weather Juan is still alive?
Try a simple google search for Juan Teijeiro guitar and you will find a 2012 youtube video with him...and his company is still active.
He was certainly there in the shop last time I phoned up for strings. Give him a call!
Simon Ambridge Series 40 (2005)
Trevor Semple Series 88 (1992)
Louis Panormo (1838)
Alexander Batov Baroque Guitar (2013)

Pje53

Post by Pje53 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:15 pm

Thank you both for the updates on Juan Teijeiro. I found the you tube link you mentioned on YouTube. It's good to know he is still active in his shop.

Return to “Advice on buying, selling or valuing a guitar”