Turkowiak Guitars

kavor

Re: Turkowiak Guitars

Post by kavor » Sat May 20, 2017 5:07 pm

I was under impression that his guitars were handmade in Poland but I saw a website guitarsfromchina and they were listed there, so it got me confused.

Beowulf

Post by Beowulf » Sat May 20, 2017 6:33 pm

rojarosguitar wrote:
Sat May 20, 2017 4:48 pm
Beowulf wrote:
Sat May 20, 2017 3:24 pm
kavor wrote:
Sat May 20, 2017 3:12 pm
Does anyone know where these guitars are made :)
See his website: Lipowa, Poland. :mrgreen:
Well, that's the seat of the company ...
Okay...just use the email contact on the site and ask the question. :mrgreen:
1971 Yamaha GC-10

Beowulf

Post by Beowulf » Sat May 20, 2017 6:37 pm

kavor wrote:
Sat May 20, 2017 5:07 pm
I was under impression that his guitars were handmade in Poland but I saw a website guitarsfromchina and they were listed there, so it got me confused.
Where is that site? :mrgreen:
1971 Yamaha GC-10

kavor

Post by kavor » Sat May 20, 2017 7:44 pm

http://www.guitarsofchina.com/product/c ... -turkowiak

It does say that its made in Poland :)

Beowulf

Post by Beowulf » Sun May 21, 2017 12:22 am

kavor wrote:
Sat May 20, 2017 7:44 pm
http://www.guitarsofchina.com/product/c ... -turkowiak

It does say that its made in Poland :)
Glad you figured out your confusion. Good luck with your purchase...whatever you choose!
1971 Yamaha GC-10

rojarosguitar

Post by rojarosguitar » Sun May 21, 2017 5:39 am

Well, in the end what matters is whether you will like it or not, and not where it is made. The Chinese makers are capable of making things as much as Polish makers are.
From the way how the instrument is finished and marketed I'd rather suspect it is not some little workshop in a remote Polish village, but I might as well be totally wrong.
I, for my side, found the sparse representations on Youtube and how the guitars look not enticing, but that's just me ...
Music is a big continent with different landscapes and corners. Some of them I do visit frequently, some from time to time and some I know from hearsay only ...

piotr

Post by piotr » Sun May 21, 2017 8:36 am

I am from Poland and I tested few guitars made by Turkowiak.In general these guitars do not sound like guitars.They have weird sound ,mellow trebles ,boomy bass.I also do not like how they look like.These fancy description ( high press tech, resonate tubes etc.)is only fancy gadgets.For my opinion these guitars are not worthy to consider to buy them.

kavor

Post by kavor » Sun May 21, 2017 6:04 pm

piotr wrote:
Sun May 21, 2017 8:36 am
I am from Poland and I tested few guitars made by Turkowiak.In general these guitars do not sound like guitars.They have weird sound ,mellow trebles ,boomy bass.I also do not like how they look like.These fancy description ( high press tech, resonate tubes etc.)is only fancy gadgets.For my opinion these guitars are not worthy to consider to buy them.
Pretty damning assessment. Doesn't sound like guitar :) Certainly, when there are so many famous builders why buy a guitar from Poland that doesn't sound like a guitar may be a valid point :)

Jacek A. Rochacki

Post by Jacek A. Rochacki » Sun May 21, 2017 7:56 pm

Well, some guitars are built by famous luthiers from Poland - just to mention as example Zbigniew Gnatek.
Antonio Picado, model 60, 2015, Cedar/IRW. Scale 640 mm.
Kenny Hill, model Madrid, 2002, No. 2019, Cedar/IRW. Scale 650 mm.

piotr

Post by piotr » Sun May 21, 2017 10:59 pm

Excellent guitars makes other polish luthier Jarosław Biłan.He is not famous but his guitars are really fantastic and not so expensive.

piotr

Post by piotr » Sun May 21, 2017 11:05 pm

kavor wrote:
Sun May 21, 2017 6:04 pm
piotr wrote:
Pretty damning assessment. Doesn't sound like guitar :) Certainly, when there are so many famous builders why buy a guitar from Poland that doesn't sound like a guitar may be a valid point :)
It is only my opinion about this guitars .I just like traditional build guitars with traditional sound.The guitar must be the guitar and not some kind of furniture. :mrgreen:

Podobin

Post by Podobin » Sun May 21, 2017 11:54 pm

I was in Krakow over Christmas and met Jaroslaw Bilan at his home/workshop. Really nice gentleman and affordable guitars. His wait list was about 18 months.

In terms of Turkowiak guitars, they strike me as gimmicky and overpriced. He may be aiming to be a revolutionary like Humphrey or Ruck in order to make a name for himself and imagining such iconoclastic designs. I haven't liked the ones I played.

HNLim

Post by HNLim » Mon May 22, 2017 12:51 am

piotr wrote:
HNLim wrote:
Tue May 16, 2017 11:19 pm
At least it is better value for money than choosing a Bellucci guitar.
If what "piotr" says is true, it looks to me like my original statement comparing with Bellucci seems to make some sense!
1978 Yamaha GC30A-S/BRW
2012 Esteve Adalid-S/BRW
2014 Sen #5-S/BRW
2016 HNLim-S/BRW
1974 S.Yairi 950-S/BRW-0-string-convert 2015
2017 HN Lim-14-string-S/BRW
HN Lim 13-string-S/NEW-WIP
1974 S.Yairi 800-Retired

ALL ARE FOR SALE IF PRICE IS RIGHT

kavor

Post by kavor » Fri May 26, 2017 8:38 pm

HNLim wrote:
Mon May 22, 2017 12:51 am
piotr wrote:
HNLim wrote:
If what "piotr" says is true, it looks to me like my original statement comparing with Bellucci seems to make some sense!
That very well may be the case, but I suspect what Piotr is saying may be exaggeration. I also think that this aversion to fancy gadgets comes standard in classical guitar community. These guitars may be overpriced however, and I think I got a deal on one so we will see. I guess I will make a little simple recording as a comparison. Might change your mind. Thanks

Kavor

Worescred

Post by Worescred » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:42 am

kavor wrote:
Fri May 26, 2017 8:38 pm
HNLim wrote:
Mon May 22, 2017 12:51 am
piotr wrote:
HNLim wrote:
That very well may be the case, but I suspect what Piotr is saying may be exaggeration. I also think that this aversion to fancy gadgets comes standard in classical guitar community. These guitars may be overpriced however, and I think I got a deal on one so we will see. I guess I will make a little simple recording as a comparison. Might change your mind. Thanks

Kavor
I played at many high-end guitars in my life and at Turkowiak guitars many times but what Piotr says surely cannot be true... Turkowiak guitars are different but they sound and look amazing.
Kavor do you have the guitar already? I am waiting for the recording.

Return to “Advice on buying, selling or valuing a guitar”