Turkowiak Guitars

kavor

Re: Turkowiak Guitars

Post by kavor » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:53 pm

Jacek A. Rochacki wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:22 pm
Oh yes, I do. After many decades of playing many different strings - brands and tensions I become sworn aficionado of low/light tension all nylon strings. It has not been my idea, I simply followed advices by our Friend active here, Ramon Amira. We who play low tension strings are sometime named here "Ramon Amira low tension strings club".

The subject has been discussed and is described at our forum
viewtopic.php?t=95392
and in other threads
the strings recommended are often:
La Bella 2001 light tension
D'Addario J 43
Augustine in different combinations treble/bass; some of us are happy with Augustine Imperial/Black.

Original Jose Ramirez medium tension strings all nylon set also falls into category of not_so_high tension strings and many of us love them.
Good to hear! For a minute I thought I was going to undertake another lonely experiment. Seems like all credit goes to Mr. Ramon Amira. I will give it a try! Thanks

kavor

Post by kavor » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:05 pm

Acoustic Tubes

My Turkowiak guitar has two openings where neck meets the body. At first I thought these are two shallow holes in the neck. However, after further inspection I realized that the neck is completely hallow. I can stick a string and push it all the way up neck (not exactly sure how long it is). Does anyone know what purpose would this "acoustic tube' in the neck serve? Is there precedent for this? Any theoretical basis (for improving the sound)?
To my layman sense it took a lot of work to carve this up. The neck looks like its been built out of 4 of 5 layers (if these lines represent break in the wood)

I read these claims:
http://rafalturkowiak.pl/innovations/acoustic-tubes/

Anybody heard of something similar?

Thanks

petermc61

Post by petermc61 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:01 am

That's a new one to me. Sounds like it might reduce the rigidity and mass of the neck. A luthier would be best able to explain some of the effects of this.

Return to “Advice on buying, selling or valuing a guitar”