flamenco guitar hybrid

emeraldvalley

flamenco guitar hybrid

Post by emeraldvalley » Mon May 22, 2017 5:19 pm

i ma looking for a fairly inexpensive guitar when i occassionly olay flamenco type techniques that will not buzz and the action is fairly low. I am usually using my expensive classical , and sometimes need to play flamenco like songs, and dont wnat to take a chance of marring up my main guitar
I know about the klingon devices that protect the wood but im not sure if this sufficient and if i need a different type guitar where i can do fast runs with light tension strings similar to what Ben Woods does on his You tube vids. Thank you

otirroz

Re: flamenco guitar hybrid

Post by otirroz » Mon May 22, 2017 6:28 pm

Hello emeraldvalley,

I use the heavy gauge Klingon top protectors, and they do work and are easy to use. However, the ones I purchased are not as wide as I would have liked, so I had to be very careful about placing them. When I first put them on I did not do such a careful job and ended up with some nail marks in the top. Hopefully the newer ones are wider. You might also consider going to a plastics store and see if there is something similar that can be bought in sheet form and then cut to the appropriate dimensions.

Good luck,

P de V

Return to “Advice on buying, selling or valuing a guitar”