Ruben Flores model 50

Jeff Whitney

Ruben Flores model 50

Post by Jeff Whitney » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:05 pm

Model 50 (not 500). I've been looking for any info. on this particular model to no avail.
Went so far as to email the Flores company (in English and Spanish) and have not received any reply.

Does anyone have knowledge of this model or a link to research?

I've been looking at it on Craigslist and spoke with the owner, did not have any further info. on it as well.

Thank You
Jeff Whitney
Jeff Whitney
Prudencio Saez Mod. 8

jayjayrose

Re: Ruben Flores model 50

Post by jayjayrose » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:12 pm

I think that might indicate one of Ruben's Academy line of guitars, made in China. He has a 20 series, a 30, a 40, a 50, etc. But it will be preceded by an "R" and followed by a dash and a number indicating the string length, such as R50-53, Does that help?
"…that all-pervading talisman of Spanish pleasure, the guitar." -Washington Irving

Jeff Whitney

Re: Ruben Flores model 50

Post by Jeff Whitney » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:24 am

thanks Jay, maybe helps. the owner said it was Japanese made and got it 15 years ago while in grad school. bought it from another student.
Priced at $550, so lacking anything more solid than what she told me, I'll pass. I did email the Flores company twice but received no response.
Jeff
Jeff Whitney
Prudencio Saez Mod. 8

Return to “Advice on buying, selling or valuing a guitar”