Alhambra Fc7

epcritmo

Alhambra Fc7

Post by epcritmo » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:20 am

Hi has anyone got any experience with this guitar?

Alhambra Fc7

http://www.alhambrasl.com/es/guitarras/ ... /7-fc.html

Someone is offering to trade it for my crossover. It has no truss rod but it does have an ebony rod. My Camps guitar has a carbon fibre rod, which I trust more. Any problems with ebony if I plan to use Savarez alliance (possible high tension, except for the 1st string).

I want a flamenco guitar for plugging and I no longer want the crossover as I like the flat fretboards and 52mm. But I am not fond of thick necks, my Camps Pimera Negra has a nice neck. Thanks :)
Camps Primera Negra A, Cordoba Mini M, NeckUp,
Music I play/am learning currently: Bert Jansch, John Fahey, Joseph Spence, Ali Farka Touré, Bob Dylan, Santaolalla
https://www.youtube.com/user/sirwhale28/videos

Ramon Amira
Teacher

Re: Alhambra Fc7

Post by Ramon Amira » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:34 pm

Not worth the price.

Ramon
Classical and Flamenco guitar lessons via Skype worldwide - Classical and Flamenco guitars from Spain

MessyTendon

Re: Alhambra Fc7

Post by MessyTendon » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:05 pm

No deal...

Trade only for equal or lesser value. If you like the neck...just retrofit the guitar with electronics. Look at the Barbera solist pickup...expensive about 300$

But you only have one hole to drill, no stupid preamp...most the preamps integrated into guitars are more or less junky, noisy crappy electronics.

The transducer, picks up the guitar sound and doesn't augment it with preamp noise. They require you to replace your saddle with the Barbera material, but it really is nice.

Minimal modification, and retained natural sound....Good luck.

Return to “Advice on buying, selling or valuing a guitar”