New Guitar Day - Cervantes Hauser Concert

Sharkbait

New Guitar Day - Cervantes Hauser Concert

Post by Sharkbait » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:43 am

Hi everyone,

Have been waiting for a few months to get a new guitar, and I'm happy to finally announce I have a new guitar - a Cervantes Hauser Concert via David Conti at Reverie Guitars. :D

My thanks to David for his help and patience in answering my many questions. He's very dedicated and a good man to deal with; I would not hesitate to recommend him or work with him again. :merci:

Money was transferred from Singapore using TransferWise, which is very transparent (exchange rate and the service fee are clearly specified at the time of transfer), and reasonably effortless once the sender establishes his identity and proof of address. Cheaper than PayPal, so it has my recommendation too - although, I'm not sure it has the same degree of protection afforded by PayPal, so maybe best used if buyer trusts the seller. In my case, David runs a legitimate business, has a favourable reputation to uphold and I seriously doubted he would not send the guitar after it was paid for, so it was worth the savings on TransferWise versus the protection by PayPal.

The Cervantes Hauser Concert is a beautiful spruce/Indian rosewood. I only got it a few hours ago, so I haven't had time to play her for long, but first impressions are very positive - deeper voiced and more sustain than on my current Yamaha CG-122MS. I will attempt to post photos.

Cheers,
Hui Wen

Sharkbait

Re: New Guitar Day - Cervantes Hauser Concert

Post by Sharkbait » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:46 am

Photos here - hope they're not too big!i

Sharkbait

Post by Sharkbait » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:47 am

Looks like they were too big. Let me try and reduce the size of the photos and then try again

Sharkbait

Post by Sharkbait » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:26 am

IMG_2355.JPG
IMG_2356.JPG
IMG_2358.JPG
IMG_2359.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sharkbait

Post by Sharkbait » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:27 am

IMG_2360.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sharkbait

Post by Sharkbait » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:32 am

IMG_2361.JPG

hesson11

Post by hesson11 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:35 pm

That's a beauty! I hope you enjoy it.
-Bob

chelson

Post by chelson » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:45 pm

Hui Wen, it's beautiful! Hope it sounds as close as the Hauser too. Do share with us more!
Without heart and desire, talent is nothing.

souldier

Post by souldier » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:51 pm

Congrats! David is always easy to work with and knows how to match the right guitar with the right person. Looking forward to more updates on your thoughts on the sound of the instrument as you spend more time with her.
"Success grants its rewards to a few, but is the dream of the multitudes.
Excellence is available to all, but is accepted only by a few." - Christopher Parkening

Peter Terpstra

Post by Peter Terpstra » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:05 pm

Most Beautiful guitar!, happy to hear it arrived safely at your home address.

Like Cervantes guitars too, bought a myself a Milenia Concert with cedertop about 10 months ago.
My masters are strange folk with very little care for music in them.

--Johann Sebastian Bach

Sharkbait

Post by Sharkbait » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:14 am

Thank you. Yes I'll come back with more updates after we get better acquainted, a process which I'm really looking forward to! :wink:

But even my self-confessed tin-earred mother said she can tell it's got a much better sound than my old guitar. So it bodes well.

Return to “Advice on buying, selling or valuing a guitar”