Comments on Córdoba Master Series Hausse model

nmshu1

Comments on Córdoba Master Series Hausse model

Post by nmshu1 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:04 am

Could you pls. Share your experience with Córdoba Hausse model ? Thanks in advance...
Otto Vowinkel Concert 650
German V. Rubio Concert 635
Kenny Hill Performance 630
Juan Hernandez Torres 640
Córdoba C9 650
Sweet Tone 640

souldier

Re: Comments on Córdoba Master Series Hausse model

Post by souldier » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:57 pm

I got to play the Hauser once and wasn't all that impressed. I felt it had a neutral and clean sound that some might consider boring, but I guess that is the Hauser sound. I preferred the Cordoba Master Series Torres because it had more of that intimate Spanish sound while having great clarity. For the money, you'd probably get more bang for the buck with a Cervantes Hauser if you're looking for a Hauser instrument.
"Success grants its rewards to a few, but is the dream of the multitudes.
Excellence is available to all, but is accepted only by a few." - Christopher Parkening

MessyTendon

Post by MessyTendon » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:02 pm

They are kind of overbuilt, heavily finished with lacquer, and not exactly lively sounding.

LBrandt

Post by LBrandt » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:10 pm

I have a Cordoba Hauser.

MrF1

Post by MrF1 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:59 pm

souldier wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:57 pm
I preferred the Cordoba Master Series Torres because it had more of that intimate Spanish sound while having great clarity. For the money, you'd probably get more bang for the buck with a Cervantes Hauser if you're looking for a Hauser instrument.
I've haven't played a Cordoba Master Series Hauser yet, but I do own a MS Torres. It's an excellent guitar and it has plenty of liveliness and power...it's a small little powerhouse that's capable of great range and delicacy. As for the finish...I actually prefer the very lightly applied PU finish over French Polish. The California builders responsible for the production of Cordoba's Master Series instruments do a fine job applying a very thin, protective finish.

I owned a 2007 Kenny Hill Master Series guitar years ago and my new Cordoba Torres has all the great qualities of the KH guitars. As you probably know, Kenny worked with Cordoba setting up the California production line.

Return to “Advice on buying, selling or valuing a guitar”