Valuing a Kremona Fiesta FC

Dustin McKinney

Valuing a Kremona Fiesta FC

Post by Dustin McKinney » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:01 pm

Hello friends!

I've decided to sell my Kremona Fiesta FC. The guitar is 9 years old, well taken care of, and only has a couple of dings on it. I bought it new for approximately $995 USD, and I have a hard shell case. My question, what do you think I should price it? I'd like to sell local as I've never shipped a guitar. Thanks!

P.S.
I'm selling because I've purchased a Francisco Navarro guitar at 630 scale, and I don't have a need for two at this time!
Francisco Navarro 630mm Student Classical (Spruce)
Kremona Fiesta FC

Keith

Re: Valuing a Kremona Fiesta FC

Post by Keith » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:51 pm

One way is to go on line and find what dealers are selling them for and then reduce the amount by 25% or thereabouts. I Googled the guitar and found a 2010 for $700 at Sam Ash. Eliminate the 25% and the price is reduced to $525. Guitar Center lists a new FC for $900 and I suspect there is an equation that extrapolates what the guitar will be worth in 7-8 years. If yours came with a case you probably should add $100 or so to the 2017 price.
be true to the one you love but have many flings with different guitars

Dustin McKinney

Post by Dustin McKinney » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:56 pm

Keith wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:51 pm
One way is to go on line and find what dealers are selling them for and then reduce the amount by 25% or thereabouts. I Googled the guitar and found a 2010 for $700 at Sam Ash. Eliminate the 25% and the price is reduced to $525. Guitar Center lists a new FC for $900 and I suspect there is an equation that extrapolates what the guitar will be worth in 7-8 years. If yours came with a case you probably should add $100 or so to the 2017 price.
Thanks so much! I didn't know what an acceptable mark down would be. I will start advertising locally.
Francisco Navarro 630mm Student Classical (Spruce)
Kremona Fiesta FC

hesson11

Post by hesson11 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:16 am

You could also look up the guitar on e - b a y. Search for "Kremona Fiesta FC guitar." Assuming you get any results, see what prices people are asking for. Also check the "Completed listings" box in the left-hand sidebar to see auctions that have been closed and the actual prices paid (if the guitar sold). You can also search on the Reverb site.
-Bob

Return to “Advice on buying, selling or valuing a guitar”