Best price/quality Yamaha used guitars

helder
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:38 am

Best price/quality Yamaha used guitars

Post by helder » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:44 am

Please, tell your experience:

What's the best price/quality yamaha used guitars out there (in any price range, solid and laminated)?

:merci:

User avatar
rinneby
Posts: 918
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:52 am
Location: Sweden

Re: Best price/quality Yamaha used guitars

Post by rinneby » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:18 am

I would say the early Grand Concert line: GC-3, 5, 7 and so on, from the late 60 and trough the 70s. Make sure they are made in Japan and not Taiwan.

Good luck

/Jon
1977 - Kuniharu Nobe No.15
1997 - Dragan Musulin
2004 - Alain Raifort Grand Concert
2006 - Casimiro Lozano XXV Aniversario

Feel free to ask me anything about Japanese classical guitars.

User avatar
HNLim
Posts: 2281
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:02 am
Location: Singapore - The City in a Garden

Re: Best price/quality Yamaha used guitars

Post by HNLim » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:13 am

Try to get those pre-80's GCs which are made in Japan. There are many on sale on that very famous auction site. I got my GC30A from there as well.

User avatar
andreas777
Posts: 495
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:00 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Best price/quality Yamaha used guitars

Post by andreas777 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:44 am

rinneby wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:18 am
I would say the early Grand Concert line: GC-3, 5, 7 and so on, from the late 60 and trough the 70s. Make sure they are made in Japan and not Taiwan.

Good luck

/Jon
Hi Jon,
have you compared Yamaha GC guitars from the late 70ies and early 80ies that were built in Japan and Taiwan, what are your experiences? I have not found big differences in quality so far but I have not compared the same models so maybe there are some.
Happiness is when what you think what you say and what you do are in harmony.

User avatar
rinneby
Posts: 918
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:52 am
Location: Sweden

Re: Best price/quality Yamaha used guitars

Post by rinneby » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:48 am

andreas777 wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:44 am
rinneby wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:18 am
I would say the early Grand Concert line: GC-3, 5, 7 and so on, from the late 60 and trough the 70s. Make sure they are made in Japan and not Taiwan.

Good luck

/Jon
Hi Jon,
have you compared Yamaha GC guitars from the late 70ies and early 80ies that were built in Japan and Taiwan, what are your experiences? I have not found big differences in quality so far but I have not compared the same models so maybe there are some.
I've not compared the same models, but my 70s GC-3A from Japan was much better than my GC-7A from Taiwan. Besides it just "feels" better to have a guitar from Japan :)

/Jon
1977 - Kuniharu Nobe No.15
1997 - Dragan Musulin
2004 - Alain Raifort Grand Concert
2006 - Casimiro Lozano XXV Aniversario

Feel free to ask me anything about Japanese classical guitars.

User avatar
HNLim
Posts: 2281
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:02 am
Location: Singapore - The City in a Garden

Re: Best price/quality Yamaha used guitars

Post by HNLim » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:20 am

There is a very good condition Yamaha GC30A on the Bay now. Item No. 332348306229

User avatar
rinneby
Posts: 918
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:52 am
Location: Sweden

Re: Best price/quality Yamaha used guitars

Post by rinneby » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:11 pm

HNLim wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:20 am
There is a very good condition Yamaha GC30A on the Bay now. Item No. 332348306229
Too bad its in Japan, they probably won't ship it. At least not legally...

/J
1977 - Kuniharu Nobe No.15
1997 - Dragan Musulin
2004 - Alain Raifort Grand Concert
2006 - Casimiro Lozano XXV Aniversario

Feel free to ask me anything about Japanese classical guitars.

User avatar
HNLim
Posts: 2281
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:02 am
Location: Singapore - The City in a Garden

Re: Best price/quality Yamaha used guitars

Post by HNLim » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:21 pm

No harm asking since shipping is quoted.

User avatar
andreas777
Posts: 495
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:00 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Best price/quality Yamaha used guitars

Post by andreas777 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:22 pm

I know three (sic!) Yamaha GC30A guitars in Germany. I'm not sure but one was offered online and might have been sold, the other two are currently not offered online. The seller of one guitar told me that he plans to offer it before Xmas this year, so let's wait and see...
Happiness is when what you think what you say and what you do are in harmony.

User avatar
andreas777
Posts: 495
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:00 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Best price/quality Yamaha used guitars

Post by andreas777 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:27 pm

In my view the best price/quality ratio have all Yamaha guitars with (at least) a solid top built not later than 1985. This includes the guitars of the G series with a solid top like my Yamaha G260S. (Note that the 'S' stands for solid and not for spruce.)
Happiness is when what you think what you say and what you do are in harmony.

User avatar
HNLim
Posts: 2281
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:02 am
Location: Singapore - The City in a Garden

Re: Best price/quality Yamaha used guitars

Post by HNLim » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:30 pm

andreas777 wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:22 pm
I know three (sic!) Yamaha GC30A guitars in Germany. I'm not sure but one was offered online and might have been sold, the other two are currently not offered online. The seller of one guitar told me that he plans to offer it before Xmas this year, so let's wait and see...
It will definitely be worth your wait provided the seller don't ask for the sky.

User avatar
musguitar
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri May 12, 2017 6:39 am

Re: Best price/quality Yamaha used guitars

Post by musguitar » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:34 pm

rinneby wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:48 am
andreas777 wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:44 am
rinneby wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:18 am
I would say the early Grand Concert line: GC-3, 5, 7 and so on, from the late 60 and trough the 70s. Make sure they are made in Japan and not Taiwan.
I've not compared the same models, but my 70s GC-3A from Japan was much better than my GC-7A from Taiwan. Besides it just "feels" better to have a guitar from Japan :)

/Jon
Jon, sharing this blogger who sings high praises for Taiwan made YMH classiques.
http://yahoobuckaroo.blogspot.com/2011/ ... uitar.html

Return to “Advice on buying, selling or valuing a guitar”