Re: Anontio Picado Modelo 60 vs Amalio Burguet 1A

Post by tmblweed1 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:20 pm

Mr.Rain wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:41 am
tmblweed1 wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:44 am
Mr.Rain wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:52 pm

I guess it is bad luck, it can be related to the strings too, I felt the bracing on my 62(same as 60) was really stiff really needing an extra high tension string to get the best from it, but that was too much for my hands it was too much work :lol:,so I also let go mine (to fund a concierto in 630mm)
After reading this I realize medium tension strings may have played a part with the sound of the Picado 60. At the time they came with Savarez 540J strings from the shop. (High tension) I always change to medium tension.
That's a real pity, you could have given it a chance with high tensions (I mean if your hands could take it, as mine can't :mrgreen: thanks to my job.. ), back in the day used 540j for trebles (Savarez Alliance) and d'daddario Ej44c for the bass, it was a real boomer.

I had that guitar for near 2 years till i lowered the tension to normal (when having a severe RSI episode, where I could not even hold a fork with my left hand, due to working around the clock :x ), the sound was nowhere near to the high tension one (it was still nice, but just good, not excellent as before).
I use Savarez 540R for the most part, but have also used Bernabe strings.They are medium high and sound maybe best to my ear but come in at 30 dollars a set. I am sure they are made for him somewhere, they sound close to Hannabach Goldin but more even.
As soon as you see something, you already start to intellectualize it. As soon as you intellectualize something, it is no longer what you saw.
Shunryu Suzuki-roshi 1905 1971

Return to “Advice on buying, selling or valuing a guitar”