Re: Papazian for a Wolverton

Post by bobbyboy » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:30 pm

The Papazian is Spruce with Brazilian Rosewood, no cracks or damage. 650 scale
Rogers Tuners.
BB

SeanWinkler

Post by SeanWinkler » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:11 pm

Tough to say, as it really depends on what you're looking for, and why you're thinking of parting with the Papazian. I haven't ever played one of Jason's guitars, so I can't say anything meaningful there. I do, however, own a 1972 Papazian spruce/BRW. I've owned it for about 10 years now, and in the interim I've bought and sold many other guitars, vintage to modern. Highlights include a lovely 1968 Ramirez 1A, 1968 Kohno, recent Johnny Walker and Keith Adams. Those are all gone, but the Papazian is still with me. I took possession of my 2016 Aaron Green last year, and I now play it more than the Papazian. The Green is clearly head and shoulders above the Papazian. I'm still not planning to part with the Papazian, though.
Remember Anthony Weller, please help. Contact myself or Aaron Green for details.

souldier

Post by souldier » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:46 pm

Wolverton is well regarded on this forum and as far as I can tell he makes great guitars. From a purely financial perspective, they both seem to generally command similar prices so it would be a fair trade in terms of monetary value.

In regards to sound and playability (which is what really matters if you ask me), the only judge can really be you as it is such a personal thing, plus no guitar is the same. You can have 10 Wolvertons and 10 Papazians and they would all sound quite different from each other. If you have a chance to play them in person side by side, then I'd simply go for the one I like more. If you have to make the trade blindly, then I really wouldn't risk it.
"Success grants its rewards to a few, but is the dream of the multitudes.
Excellence is available to all, but is accepted only by a few." - Christopher Parkening

Return to “Advice on buying, selling or valuing a guitar”