Cordoba Esteso??

Backgammon11

Cordoba Esteso??

Post by Backgammon11 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:00 pm

Hello there,

Has anyone tried the Cordoba Esteso in Cedar? I've tried the spruce one in a local dealer store - nice sound; great playability I felt, but listening to some recording I'm concerned that that the bass is a bit flat.

Anyone got the this guitar? Any thoughts? Would use it primarily for classical and jazz; and was hoping for a lightweight guitar that I can haul around for fun...but I wouldn't want to sacrifice sound quality.

Thanks guys!

souldier

Re: Cordoba Esteso??

Post by souldier » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:13 pm

Forget the recordings. Did the bass sound flat to you when you tried it in person? How did it sound compared to other guitars that the store had? This is the best way to answer your own question.

I personally tried it. It sounded nice, but didn't feel it performed in its price point. There are guitars that cost less that I'd prefer more personally. For example, I'd prefer the Cordoba C9 which is much less expensive, performs above its price point, light weight, and has a great sound comparable or better than the Esteso.
"Success grants its rewards to a few, but is the dream of the multitudes.
Excellence is available to all, but is accepted only by a few." - Christopher Parkening

MrF1

Post by MrF1 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:56 pm

Can't say that I've play the Cordoba Esteso, but I do own a Cordoba Torres (part of the same Masters Series). Kenny Hill helped set up the California shop for the Cordoba Masters Series and I see/hear a lot of similarities between the Cordoba Masters Series and the Hill Masters Series of years past. The major difference is the finish. The Hill Masters Series I owned was French Polished. I think the Esteso is nitro, and the rest of the Cordoba Masters Series guitars are PU, but very nicely applied, not overdone. My Torres is a 2016 so it's still in the opening-up stages, but I'm very impressed. I bought it brand new and received a nice discount from the msrp. For me, it's all about playing the guitar and not so much about resale. I'm a big Kenny Hill fan, so I'm really diggin' my Cordoba Torres. Plenty of bass and lots of nice trebles - amazing loud for a such a small instrument.

Backgammon11

Post by Backgammon11 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:09 pm

I tried the torres; impressive. Sweet sound as well! But it's just that I have sensitive ears and spruce sound is high and clear that it stimulates my ear in such a way that rem8nds me of my tinnitus. The Esteso spruce played for me easier (maybe the larger scale?) But I'm wondering how the cedar is. I've tried the cordoba C10, awsome guitar really. But am wondering if the esteso kicks it up a notch with the tone and sweetness... try didn't have the cedar but I can order it from GC and return if I don't like. Just wondering if anyone actually tried the esteso cedar and could compare it or give me his thoughts.

Thanks again.

Return to “Advice on buying, selling or valuing a guitar”