Cordoba c9/C10/Solista or kremona solea/fiesta

pasigenyo

Re: Cordoba c9/C10/Solista or kremona solea/fiesta

Post by pasigenyo » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:13 pm

I owned an earlier model of Cordoba (50R) and that was not a good guitar at all (I ended up selling it). However that was over 10 years ago and the company has improved the quality of their guitars since. Today's models are really priced to sell. The little things I pointed out with my C10 are probably the same issues with other guitar brands within the same price range. But like I said earlier, these "flaws" are not a deal breaker if you want a decent guitar to use for studying. I'm still hoping for the wood of my guitar to mature overtime and open up its sound. I've had it for over 2 years and it's incrementally getting better, but still has a long way to go. I've also been trying the Kremona Fiesta floor models at GC and I can still say they can't hold a candle against the C10. Thanks.

Lysiane Chantre

Post by Lysiane Chantre » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:30 pm

I bought a Kremona Solea SA-C in June. It is not a flamenca guitar ! What a lovely and deep sound. I tried many guitars, I played on an Alhambra 5P Senorita (7/8), (I kept to travel with). I enjoy playing my Kremona, and my teacher and all friends who just saw it last week at Music School went wooah!!!!

CGmusic

Post by CGmusic » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:25 pm

Thanks for all the input. I decided on a c9/c10. I'm leaning towards the C9 just because of the price. Unless I find a good deal on a C10 in the next few days.

CGmusic

Post by CGmusic » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:37 am

Lysiane Chantre wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:30 pm
I bought a Kremona Solea SA-C in June. It is not a flamenca guitar ! What a lovely and deep sound. I tried many guitars, I played on an Alhambra 5P Senorita (7/8), (I kept to travel with). I enjoy playing my Kremona, and my teacher and all friends who just saw it last week at Music School went wooah!!!!
That's the one I tried used. I couldn't tell if the action was too low or the frets were causing the buzzing. It buzzed on nearly every fret. Not a bad buzz but the type you hear on flamenco guitars. It sounded really good, just not like a classical. But I guess it was just that particular guitar. I would give it another try if I can come across a used one in my area.

pasigenyo

Post by pasigenyo » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:29 pm

CGmusic wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:25 pm
Unless I find a good deal on a C10 in the next few days.
I got mine deeply discounted soon after Black Friday sales....just thought you should know :wink:

CGmusic

Post by CGmusic » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:41 am

pasigenyo wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:29 pm
CGmusic wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:25 pm
Unless I find a good deal on a C10 in the next few days.
I got mine deeply discounted soon after Black Friday sales....just thought you should know :wink:
Thank you. Where did you get it from? The best I've seen is $900 plus tax.

Return to “Advice on buying, selling or valuing a guitar”