Kenny Hill Master Rodriguez vs Cervantes Concert Rodriguez

Mickey_C

Kenny Hill Master Rodriguez vs Cervantes Concert Rodriguez

Post by Mickey_C » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:17 pm

At an approximately $2,000 price increase from the Cervantes to the Kenny Hill, is it worth it? Is it that much better of an instrument?

I am hoping somebody has played both of these instruments, and can speak to the differences. I know the Kenny Hill Master Series Rodriguez is no longer manufactured, but I can purchase one used at about that difference.

Ramon Amira
Teacher

Re: Kenny Hill Master Rodriguez vs Cervantes Concert Rodriguez

Post by Ramon Amira » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:40 pm

It is definitely not worth the difference. You would be much better off with the Cervantes. You might also consider a Francisco Navarro Grand Concert Rodriguez. It's better than both of those, but costs more than the Cervantes, so overall your best bet would probably be the Cervantes.

Ramon
Classical and Flamenco guitar lessons via Skype worldwide - Classical and Flamenco guitars from Spain

MessyTendon

Re: Kenny Hill Master Rodriguez vs Cervantes Concert Rodriguez

Post by MessyTendon » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:32 pm

I'm not sure, honestly only played one Kenny Hill. It was nice, but there are options. If you are open to buying a guitar that had crack repairs that are highly cosmetic but not structural, the world of possibility opens up.

Sometimes a well played in guitar, is going to be something special. But they aren't shiny pretty. Keep your eyes and ears open. Don't get caught up selecting one particular model. You are buying a guitar, not an automobile. It's more than just a marquee brand or label.

Return to “Advice on buying, selling or valuing a guitar”