Getting appraisal for older guitars

emeraldvalley

Getting appraisal for older guitars

Post by emeraldvalley » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:36 am

I an considering my 4 guitars and lute w Clarinon which specializes in musical instruments
They require a bill of sale for claim. I have them for two recent guitars but i bought them used by a custom luthier, though they have been refinished to look brand new
If they get damaged beyond repair i would want a new one by same maker as they are unique , and unlikley to find a used one.
How would i find an appraiser to value them at a replacement cost to duplicate this guitar, which is twice as much new?
Also i have a 40 year old guitar and 25 yr one The former was custom, though maker no longer around and i dont have bill of sale and again i would want a comparable guitar at todays pricing. Same w 25 yr old guitar.
I. Am in new jersey and want to find a certified appraiser if this is the best course of action to satisfy any future claims
Thank you

Podobin

Re: Getting appraisal for older guitars

Post by Podobin » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:12 am

Call Richard Brune in Evanston, IL -- R.E. Brune Guitars, he would be able to give you some advice.

jayjayrose

Re: Getting appraisal for older guitars

Post by jayjayrose » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:24 pm

You might also try the Classical Guitar Store in Philadelphia, which may be a place you can drive to.
"…that all-pervading talisman of Spanish pleasure, the guitar." -Washington Irving

Return to “Advice on buying, selling or valuing a guitar”