3rd Lucero...great value for under $200

Laudiesdad69

Re: 3rd Lucero...great value for under $200

Post by Laudiesdad69 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:30 pm

I think that the two Lucero guitars I gave my son and daughter in law are good starter guitars. I expect that a year down the road they will start looking for better guitars. My son already suffers from “GAS”, a least as far as electric guitars are concerned. I will be seeing him in a couple of days. We will check out Rosewood Guitars in Seattle on Saturday, just for fun.
Can’t beat those starter guitars, especially if it plants the seed of CG, and it grows into a love of the repertoire.
Perhaps we did just get lucky with those guitars, as far as them not having any problems. in my case, I just wanted a playable travel guitar, and I would have spent 600 dollars just on one for me (I was looking at a Kremona, which was quite a bit better) but I am happy with these. I didn’t have to plan how I was going to acquire, and pay, for them.

kaltek55

Post by kaltek55 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:58 am

I've also recognized the tonal difference between guitars in the same Cordoba model line. The Luceros' that I've played however have suffered from some unevenness between the bass and treble ranges. For the money the Lucero is the better buy however if you are talking a c10 price range you might consider a used Ramirez R2- R4. They are by far the most consistent tonally that I've played. Cheers
Best,
Konrad

Laudiesdad69

Post by Laudiesdad69 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:21 pm

kaltek55 wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:58 am
I've also recognized the tonal difference between guitars in the same Cordoba model line. The Luceros' that I've played however have suffered from some unevenness between the bass and treble ranges. For the money the Lucero is the better buy however if you are talking a c10 price range you might consider a used Ramirez R2- R4. They are by far the most consistent tonally that I've played. Cheers
My other guitar is a Ramirez 4NE, and it is obviously the better guitar. And yeah, the balance between the bass and treble isn’t as even on the Lucero, but certainly good for the price.

Return to “Advice on buying, selling or valuing a guitar”