The Delcamp photo upload torture

Ramon Amira
Teacher

The Delcamp photo upload torture

Post by Ramon Amira » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:35 pm

I have a polite request. Could a Moderator please explain to us why in order to be able to post photos here one must have a PhD in Computer Science from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.

On fifty-three million other websites one simply clicks "BROWSE," clicks on the file, and POOF - the photo is uploaded. A six year old can do it in thirty seconds. So why does Delcamp torment us?

Ramon
Classical and Flamenco guitar lessons via Skype worldwide - Classical and Flamenco guitars from Spain

guitarrista

Re: The Delcamp photo upload torture

Post by guitarrista » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:48 pm

Huh? You ok, buddy?? If you have difficulties, just describe the specifics and all shall be explained to you with visuals and examples :)
Konstantin
--
1982 Anselmo Solar Gonzalez

dta721

Post by dta721 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:13 pm

Ramon Amira wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:35 pm
On fifty-three million other websites one simply clicks "BROWSE," clicks on the file, and POOF - the photo is uploaded. A six year old can do it in thirty seconds. So why does Delcamp torment us?

Ramon
I had some pains but overcame it! You may see an exclamation punctuation indicating a bigger than 320KB file size, which you will have to delete afterward.

Then, I use http://picresize.com/ to resize the photo. Just go to the very end of the menu, look for Max Filesize, enter 320 (Kilobytes), then "I am done, Resize my picture".

Then you can upload that resized photo to this forum.
Hope this helps!
:)

Ramon Amira
Teacher

Post by Ramon Amira » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:15 pm

guitarrista wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:48 pm
Huh? You ok, buddy?? If you have difficulties, just describe the specifics and all shall be explained to you with visuals and examples :)
Oh, I see it now, thanks. In the past there was not that option for "Attachments." I haven't tried to upload a photo for many years, so I assumed things were the same.

You have properly admonished me, and in remorse and contrition I have given myself ten lashes with a Sixth string. And in case you think that ten lashes with a Sixth string is insufficient punishment, consider this: the string was still on a guitar.

Ramon
Classical and Flamenco guitar lessons via Skype worldwide - Classical and Flamenco guitars from Spain

Kent

Post by Kent » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:19 pm

Ramon Amira wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:15 pm

You have properly admonished me, and in remorse and contrition I have given myself ten lashes with a Sixth string. And in case you think that ten lashes with a Sixth string is insufficient punishment, consider this: the string was still on a guitar.

Ramon
The string was still on the guitar, but it is low tension. Therefore, I recommend 20 lashes.
Last edited by Kent on Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

guitarrista

Post by guitarrista » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:32 pm

:lol: :bye:
Konstantin
--

Ramon Amira
Teacher

Post by Ramon Amira » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:38 pm

Kent wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:19 pm
Ramon Amira wrote:

Ramon
The string was still on the guitar, but it was low tension. Therefore, I recommend 20 lashes.
:D :D

SteveL123

Post by SteveL123 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:24 pm

Ramon Amira wrote:

Ramon
A G-string would be a lot more fun. :lol:

soltirefa

Post by soltirefa » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:31 pm

This may be my favorite Subject description this year.

doralikesmath

Post by doralikesmath » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:00 pm

If I were a technical admin of this site I would have disabled the photos uploading feature completely. There are dozens free image hosting services and there is no point in wasting storage space & bandwidth of a site with little to none ads revenue.
Raimundo 148 Cedar - "Julia"
L. T. An Guitar C150 Spruce
Takamine G128 Spruce

simonm
Amateur luthier

Post by simonm » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:14 pm

doralikesmath wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:00 pm
….There are dozens free image hosting services and there is no point in wasting storage space & bandwidth of a site with little to none ads revenue.
Until the "free" service suddenly becomes paid for and people lose access to the images the posted ...

pogmoor

Post by pogmoor » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:09 pm

Ramon Amira wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:35 pm
I have a polite request. Could a Moderator please explain to us why in order to be able to post photos here one must have a PhD in Computer Science from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
Seems like you have been led to see how, but on the question of why - that is easy to answer. The forum is powered by phpBB Forum Software so we use the method the software provides. As I type this reply I see below a tab marked Attachments which, if you click it leads to a box labelled Add files. Seems reasonably straightforward to me.
simonm wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:14 pm
doralikesmath wrote:
….There are dozens free image hosting services and there is no point in wasting storage space & bandwidth of a site with little to none ads revenue.
Until the "free" service suddenly becomes paid for and people lose access to the images the posted ...
Just so, and it is not difficult to find examples of old posts where the images are no longer accessible.
Eric from GuitarLoot
Renaissance and Baroque freak; classical guitars by Paul Fischer (1995) and Lester Backshall (2008)
Yamaha SLG 130NW silent classical guitar (2014), Ramirez Guitarra del Tiempo (2017)

doralikesmath

Post by doralikesmath » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:51 pm

simonm wrote:
doralikesmath wrote:
Or you can keep uploading images here until Delcamp can no longer afford the hosting fee. Also, there will always be a cap on the size of pictures allowed; otherwise, people can use steganography tools (embed other files into images) to exploit all the storage space and bandwidth (think about free unlimited Dropbox accounts).
Takamine G128 Spruce

guitarrista

Post by guitarrista » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:27 pm

doralikesmath wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:51 pm
simonm wrote:
doralikesmath wrote:
Or you can keep uploading images here until Del Camp can no longer afford the hosting fee. Also, there will always be a cap on the size of pictures allowed; otherwise, people can use steganography tools (embed other files into images) to exploit all the storage space and bandwidth (think about free unlimited Dropbox accounts).
Well that exchange became quite prickly very quickly... not sure what the point of it is.
Konstantin
--

doralikesmath

Post by doralikesmath » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:44 pm

Not sure why it's prickly to you, but what I meant is the cons outweigh the pros for free websites without ads revenue to allow user to upload media files directly. Using 3rd parties services will save space, bandwidth, cost, and prevent potential problems.
Takamine G128 Spruce

Return to “Advice on buying, selling or valuing a guitar”