Royal Anderson guitar info

trojwl

Royal Anderson guitar info

Post by trojwl » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:50 pm

Back in 1998, when I had way more money than talent, I started taking guitar lessons. After a few years I decided to get a nicer guitar. My teacher (here in Jacksonville, FL.) was currently commuting to Stetson University weekly for guitar lessons taken under Stephen Robinson. And evidently Mr. Anderson and Mr. Robinson were friends. In 2003, I ended up buying sight unseen an Anderson guitar for $1200 that had literally been "test driven" by the Stephen Robinson before the transaction. I had no hesitations buying something that expensive and, as i said, sight unseen.

It is number 100 and dated 2002. It is in excellent condition. I played (or tried to play) fingerstyle (never ever used a pick) so there are no battle scars.

I'm curious as to what exactly do I have in my closet and is it valuable. I no longer play and would like to see out in its deserved glory.

Thanks all,

Warren

henders

Re: Royal Anderson guitar info

Post by henders » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:06 pm

trojwl wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:50 pm
Back in 1998, when I had way more money than talent, I started taking guitar lessons. After a few years I decided to get a nicer guitar. My teacher (here in Jacksonville, FL.) was currently commuting to Stetson University weekly for guitar lessons taken under Stephen Robinson. And evidently Mr. Anderson and Mr. Robinson were friends. In 2003, I ended up buying sight unseen an Anderson guitar for $1200 that had literally been "test driven" by the Stephen Robinson before the transaction. I had no hesitations buying something that expensive and, as i said, sight unseen.

It is number 100 and dated 2002. It is in excellent condition. I played (or tried to play) fingerstyle (never ever used a pick) so there are no battle scars.

I'm curious as to what exactly do I have in my closet and is it valuable. I no longer play and would like to see out in its deserved glory.

Thanks all,

Warren
There are a few previous posts on Delcamp about this builder. Looks like he was someone who took up guitar building in his retirement. Just do a search within the site. I also saw a few things through a google search. I did not see any sales listings.

Return to “Advice on buying, selling or valuing a guitar”