Recommendation for $1000 CG, new or used

Laudiesdad69

Re: Recommendation for $1000 CG, new or used

Post by Laudiesdad69 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:25 pm

bauersachs82 wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:42 pm
CarolB wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:05 am
Thanks for the advice on connecting with Ron Hudson at Memorial Music. I’m now the proud owner of a Navarro student classical. He had just received a new shipment and he played them all so I could hear how they sound and pick the one I like. He of course let me play them all too. I ended up with a beautiful matchbook grain, not so traditional, but very beautiful. I’d post pics, but I haven’t figure that out since I don’t store them publicly.

Thanks again for the tips. I’m really enjoying exploring the vast information here on the forum. I appreciate everyone's contributions.

Carol
Nice choice!

I recently purchased a Cordoba C10. It is a nice guitar but I'm very interested in the Navarro's. I get a really good deal on Cordoba though because of my job.
Do you work for Sweetwater?

bauersachs82

Post by bauersachs82 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:54 pm

Laudiesdad69 wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:25 pm
bauersachs82 wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:42 pm
CarolB wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:05 am
Thanks for the advice on connecting with Ron Hudson at Memorial Music. I’m now the proud owner of a Navarro student classical. He had just received a new shipment and he played them all so I could hear how they sound and pick the one I like. He of course let me play them all too. I ended up with a beautiful matchbook grain, not so traditional, but very beautiful. I’d post pics, but I haven’t figure that out since I don’t store them publicly.

Thanks again for the tips. I’m really enjoying exploring the vast information here on the forum. I appreciate everyone's contributions.

Carol
Nice choice!

I recently purchased a Cordoba C10. It is a nice guitar but I'm very interested in the Navarro's. I get a really good deal on Cordoba though because of my job.
Do you work for Sweetwater?
Yes I do.

Laudiesdad69

Post by Laudiesdad69 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:56 pm

Love Sweetwater. Excellent service and expertise. Guitar Center could learn a thing or two from you guys. Donte’ Harris is my main guy there. He is going to help me get a Hirade come summer time, when I’m ready.

MrF1

Post by MrF1 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:41 am

Laudiesdad69 wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:56 pm
Love Sweetwater. Excellent service and expertise. Guitar Center could learn a thing or two from you guys. Donte’ Harris is my main guy there. He is going to help me get a Hirade come summer time, when I’m ready.
I totally agree with you Laudiesdad....Sweetwater provides outstanding customer service. Just received a TC Electronic Unitune from them today. In the box was a little bag of candy with a nice thank you note. It's the little things that matter sometimes.

Laudiesdad69

Post by Laudiesdad69 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:53 am

MrF1 wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:41 am
Laudiesdad69 wrote:
I totally agree with you Laudiesdad....Sweetwater provides outstanding customer service. Just received a TC Electronic Unitune from them today. In the box was a little bag of candy with a nice thank you note. It's the little things that matter sometimes.
I’ve bought 3 electrics from them in the last two years. I totally love the case candy. I bought a $12.00 pegwinder from them. Once again, a Thank You note, and a big bag of candy. As, I’m diabetic, I give the candy to my grandkids. They know that New Guitar Day means sweets (as if I don’t already feed them candy before I send them back to Mom) it’s called Grandpa’s revenge ha ha!

Dave Stott

Post by Dave Stott » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:00 pm

The only "downside" from buying from S-water is the ensuing annoying phone calls a few times a month from "my rep" a few times asking if they can be of assistance. LOL
2015 Cordoba GK Pro Negra
2015 Cordoba Solista Cedar
2003 H-12 Froggy Bottom
1989 Takamine E-30 Classical

bauersachs82

Post by bauersachs82 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:59 pm

Laudiesdad69 wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:53 am
MrF1 wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:41 am
Laudiesdad69 wrote:
I’ve bought 3 electrics from them in the last two years. I totally love the case candy. I bought a $12.00 pegwinder from them. Once again, a Thank You note, and a big bag of candy. As, I’m diabetic, I give the candy to my grandkids. They know that New Guitar Day means sweets (as if I don’t already feed them candy before I send them back to Mom) it’s called Grandpa’s revenge ha ha!
I think we might have some sugar free options now. Dontae is a great guy and I'm sure he could make that happen for you.

I always forget about Takamine! Those Hirade's do look nice.

Debussychopin

Post by Debussychopin » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:16 pm

Navarro student guitar in palo escrito is a very decent guitar. Congrats. However I do say the tuners on them really suck. At least the ones on mine. I'd swap them out w something decent.

Yamaha GL1

Return to “Advice on buying, selling or valuing a guitar”