Has anyone heard of Kremona Classical guitars?

cpfan

Has anyone heard of Kremona Classical guitars?

Post by cpfan » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:09 am

I just came back from Guitar Center and was just killing an hour so decided to play some of their classicals and came across a Kremona Fiesta FC guitar made I think in Bulgaria. This guitar had a solid cedar top and solid rosewood back and sides and was listed at 799.00. I couldn't believe the volume and overall sound of this guitar! I own a Ramirez 1a and I have to admit I think this guitar was competing pretty well in the overall volume, especially the basses....I could hit a low E and it would keep ringing for what seemed an eternity and I could fell the whole body of this guitar resonating through my chest....I am almost tempted to buy it just to have a back up nice sounding guitar. In my opinion if any beginners are looking for a starter guitar by all means check out the Kremona Fiesta FC....INTERESTED IF ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE HAS COME ACROSS ONE OF THESE AND WONDERING WHAT YOUR OPINION ON THIS GUITAR IS :bye:

guitarseller345645

Re: Has anyone heard of Kremona Classical guitars?

Post by guitarseller345645 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:21 am

If you do a search here or on Google, you will find tons of stuff on how great those guitars are :)
Höfner HLE-SAZ
Kremona Fiesta FC

cpfan

Post by cpfan » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:46 am

:D Did a search and came up with a lot of dealers but no real reviews....I guess I really don't need it because I've already played it and did my own review! Now some production guitars sound better than others and maybe I just came across a really nice one, I'd have to play another one to find out for sure but They did have a Sofia which I played that sounded really good as well....I think I stand by my advice that this would make a great sounding student guitar! :D
Last edited by cpfan on Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

guitarseller345645

Post by guitarseller345645 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:15 am

Have you tried Googling "delcamp orpheus valley"?
Höfner HLE-SAZ
Kremona Fiesta FC

cpfan

Post by cpfan » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:22 am

No.....thanks I will do! I can't get this guitar out of my head which I think is really funny. I keep thinking of all the kids at Guitar Center mistreating it and digging their picks into it! I feel like I need to save it from the Guitar Center abuse! LOL.

jdart3000

Post by jdart3000 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:26 am

FWIW - I was intrigued by the Old World craftsmanship in these instruments, so I "auditioned" the Fiesta FC and the Solea (at two different times). They are well made and do have loud basses, but I was disappointed with the weak trebles in both of them. I changed to different types of strings several times, but the trebles still weren't there. Possibly they would develop over time, but I was unwilling to take the chance.

That was my experience with these guitars . . . John
"Art is not something which you can take or leave. It is a necessity of human life" -- Oscar Wilde

2012 German Vazquez Rubio Estudio - Spruce
1979 Sakurai Kohno No. 10 - Cedar
2006 Alhambra 4P - Spruce

andylegrand

Post by andylegrand » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:42 am

I was shocked to see these guitars at Guitar Center here in the USA! I have a student that purchased one at $799. I've played his and several others at the store. I agree the guitars seemed unbalanced regarding tone, but do look nice and are solid wood- which can be attractive. They seem to be hit and miss... If you like it, go for it!

Still, if you can swing another $100- you could purchase a good student model (Francisco) Navarro or even an upper level Cordoba, which have proven to be nice guitars and good values for the $$$. I realize the later is not "old-world" construction... Glad to see folks are still interested in the craft of building a fine instrument.

cpfan

Post by cpfan » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:45 am

Well I got home and picked up my Ramirez 1a and realized compared to the Kremona my Ramirez was much more balanced in regards to the basses and trebles and definitely has a refinement of sound which the Kremona lacked but for 799.00 the Kremona Fiesta fc was the best sounding guitar in the store......the other guitars were a Rodriguez which was priced at 1799.00 and it sounded dead compared to the Kremona, another guitar I played was a Cordoba which was priced at I think1299.00 and it was better than the Rodriguez but not the Kremona. The basses are so strong and the trebles were very bright, I was thinking since it was all solid wood construction and having a date of 2012 on the label that given a year or so it would probabaly settle down a bit. I am in no way looking for a student guitar but playing this one and it's price point is really tempting me to buy this ........just the fact that it is all solid wood at 799.00 and it's tremendous volume is the clincher.

pvg

Post by pvg » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:48 pm

I bought one used a few years ago; I got the Fiesta FS which is a spruce top. I think this is a remarkably good instrument in this price range! (I paid around US $400 used). It's not a "concert grade" instrument, but then, I'm not a "concert grade" player :lol:
But the one I got (which was made in 2008) is a fine guitar; it would take years for most people to truly outgrow it. It has nice clear reasonably bright tone, has excellent intonation up and down the fingerboard, is very playable with no buzzes, is all solid wood of good quality, and is obviously handmade-if not by one person.
I can't vouch for the new ones being sold thru the mega stores, but I think they are definitely worth looking at.
BTW, Kremona started out building- and still builds- symphony instruments (violin, viola, cello, bass).
regards
pvg

Joe de V

Post by Joe de V » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:54 pm

I own a Kremona (Orpheus Valley Rondo S Model) which I consider my best (of seven) guitars. Solid wood all over and excellent sound. I paid around $800.over 4 years ago and many players that have heard and played it consider it at par with guitars selling a bit higher ( they claim is probably because of the name recognition). As a non-professional intermediate level player I am very happy with it. If you found one that you like I think you won't be dissapointed at the quality and sustain of the instrument. Very good value for the curent price and ideal for players that cannot affort a luthier-made instrument.

cpfan

Post by cpfan » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:05 am

I agree.....just came back from Guitar Center again and this time brought my Ramirez 1a along to compare the sound.......the Kremona has the same volume on the trebles but loses a bit of volume when played above the 14th fret, my ramirez keeps the same volume all the way up. The basses are stronger on the Kremona but I think it's the strings, I have oasis med tension carbons on the Ramirez and the Kremona has Royal Classics on it. The oasis basses have always sounded a bit weak on my guitar. The Kremona's action is a bit high but has plenty of bone to sand down to bring it to around 4mm on the bass side and 3mm on the trebles. The Ramirez sound more refined overall but the Kremona is no slouch!!! The salesman told me he would give me the guitar for 660.00 out the door! No case of course....now I'm trying to think of a way to justify a purchase of a new guitar to my wife. :chaud:
Last edited by cpfan on Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

cpfan

Post by cpfan » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:43 am

I hope I'm not coming off as a dope for comparing a Ramirez 1a to a Kremona but you guys would have to hear this guitar to understand. I think this guitar is just a bit of an anomaly, I'm pretty sure if I came across another of the same model it would not sound as good......but I could be wrong......anyhow anyone looking for a great student guitar by all means check out these guitars.....Maybe I should become a spokesman for these guitars and get paid for the advertising! One more thing....I've never heard of Royal Classic strings but I'm going to get a set for my Ramirez.......the trebles were really polished nylon and felt better than Hannabach 815's to me....I think the tag said strings made in Spain....gonna check them out. :bye:

dng

Post by dng » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:06 am

if you think you find a pearl then grab it before it's gone...

good luck
"Nothing is more beautiful than a guitar, save perhaps two.”
-Frederic Chopin

I_Fortuna

Post by I_Fortuna » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:21 pm

Hi there!

YES! I love this guitar. A man at our church plays this guitar at services and it is so clear and beautiful. He has the Kremona Fiesta. At first I though someone
was playing a harp. I wish I could afford this guitar. If you can, I highly recommend it. I think you will be very happy with it.

I am considering a V10 from Ventura Guitars in Texas. This is an electric classical thinline. This is great especially for women with the big girls and older
players who want a nice low action and something easier to hold.

You can google them Venturasoundideas.com
This is not the vintage Buono company but I have an acoustic electric from them an it has a low action and sounds and looks great. Their quality appears to be
very good. I would recommend them for anyone starting out also because they are very inexpensive with a big sound. They also have electric and all
sizes and colors of guitars.

Best of Luck!!

Jim Imbur
Location: Midway between Lynchburg and Charlottesville Virginia

Post by Jim Imbur » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:38 pm

I bought a Kremona Fiesta (spruce top) in March to initiate my journey into CG. I found quite a few good reviews ("good" meaning people whose listed backgrounds indicated that they were very competent judges) on Kremona. The reviews were quite positive. One reviewer gave it a "10" for tone for it's price range. I thought this was a very good comment. Why compare it to a much more expensive guitar? The overall quality is really quite high for such a modestly priced guitar. Experts whose opinions I sought after I had the guitar for a while thought it was a good value in tone, construction, finishing and other details. They also noted that it was "a little weak" above the 12th fret, but not terribly so.

Return to “Advice on buying, selling or valuing a guitar”