Has anyone heard of Kremona Classical guitars?

guitarseller345645

Re: Has anyone heard of Kremona Classical guitars?

Postby guitarseller345645 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:22 am

So sorry you got a poor one...mine is great but I do not like tuners with rosewood buttons so I got them changed.
Höfner HLE-SAZ
Kremona Fiesta FC

robert e

Postby robert e » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:07 pm

Perhaps its a string tension issue? I have a an old low-end Cordoba that chokes on anything but the lowest tension strings. So far Galli Titanio LT (very low tension, very bright) is the only set I've found that can make it sound decent.

Simple to test--tune all strings a half step lower and see if it improves things.

(By the same token, any given guitar may respond better to a higher tension string, but I'm leery about tuning any classical guitar higher than concert pitch to find out, so you're on your own there.)

Ramon Amira
Teacher

Postby Ramon Amira » Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:34 pm

A major factor that's being overlooked here, as with other threads discussing comparisons, is that when you try out a guitar in a place like Guitar Center and other megastores, most of the time you are playing a guitar that might have been sitting there for six months and more. Frequently it has been played endlessly and knocked around, and nobody in Guitar Center is ever going to put new strings on. So the strings have not been changed in who knows how long. You cannot possibly assess a guitar in any way when the strings are dead or moribund.

Ramon
Classical and Flamenco guitar lessons via Skype worldwide - Classical and Flamenco guitars from Spain

Return to “Advice on buying, selling or valuing a guitar”