justin Leslie in Utah

MrSteve

justin Leslie in Utah

Post by MrSteve » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:38 am

anyone familiar with a Classical Guitar builder from Utah named Justin Leslie?
2016 Chris Sobel Luthier Guitar Cedar/Madagascar Rosewood
2007 Darren Hippner Hauser SP/BRW
Yamaha SLG130NW Classical Silent

2012 Yulong Guo Chamber Concert Double Top SP/EIRW (SOLD)

David_Norton

Re: justin Leslie in Utah

Post by David_Norton » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:49 am

Yes, what are you interested in?
David Norton
Salt Lake City, UT

MrSteve

Post by MrSteve » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:53 pm

David_Norton wrote:Yes, what are you interested in?

Most likely a Spruce top 650mm Hauser fan based

easy to play is my main focus and not too bright

I like deep bases

thanks
Steve

David_Norton

Post by David_Norton » Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:53 pm

Do you have Justin's contact info? His guitars are reasonably good, not World Class (so few builders are!) but good for serious hobbyist players.
David Norton
Salt Lake City, UT

MrSteve

Post by MrSteve » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:22 pm

David_Norton wrote:Do you have Justin's contact info? His guitars are reasonably good, not World Class (so few builders are!) but good for serious hobbyist players.

it must be on his website

just wish I could hear some more youtube or audio files to better get an appreciation of the sound

I do like his pricing however, and I don't think world class is a level I am ever going to need!

David_Norton

Post by David_Norton » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:34 am

Justin Leslie is now launching a School for Luthiers in Provo, Utah. For a modest three-digit sum, he'll teach a rookie how to build a guitar at his studio, and they get to keep the end result.

Build Your Own Handmade Acoustic Guitar!!

Have you ever dreamed of building your own high quality, all solid wood acoustic guitar? Well, now you can! Luthier Justin Leslie and the
Utah School of Guitar Making is now offering a one-on-one guitar building course. The course is self-paced with flexible building times to
accommodate any schedule. This means you can work at your own comfortable pace! All materials, jigs, shop time, tools, and instruction
are included for an extremely low price of $xxx! This is not a cheap guitar kit made up of low quality laminated/plywood—JUNK! You will
be working with your choice of numerous all-solid instrument quality tone-woods. You’ll have the rare opportunity to customize and design
your own amazing acoustic guitar (classical or steel) by selecting your own tone-woods and materials from my vast selection of seasoned,
quality materials. Don’t miss this fantastic opportunity to learn the unique art of guitar making. This course is an incredible value as well
as a challenging and rewarding process!

Currently, this is the only course of its kind available in Utah. Similar courses are located out of state and start at $x,xxx and up. Prospective students who pay a minimum of $xxx or more down may begin work on their dream guitar immediately. Prospective students who pay for the course in its entirety will receive complete woods for two guitars!! Other payment options are available and may be arranged upon inquiry. Join the numerous students who have already began and completed their once in a lifetime experience of building their own custom instrument. This is an
absolutely amazing value! Do your own research and you’ll surely agree. Students interested in building in tandem with a friend or family
member may split the cost of the course for an even better value.

Please call or text for additional information, a copy of the contract, current wood inventory, references or to schedule a visit to the shop. This is the
perfect gift for any woodworker or guitar enthusiast. I look forward to working with you on your dream acoustic
guitar project! Please feel free to call or text for more information.

Thanks,
Justin Leslie, Luthier
David Norton
Salt Lake City, UT

Return to “Advice on buying, selling or valuing a guitar”