Adolfo Ferrer

Jedaks

Adolfo Ferrer

Post by Jedaks » Thu May 14, 2015 12:12 am

Hi. Does anyone know much about this builder? There are a couple of his guitars for sale (private seller) in Australia and they look fabulous. A youtube sound clip of his instruments sounds wonderful (but one must be cautious with audio recordings as they are so easily "doctored")

I can't seem to find much information.
"He gave it for his opinion, that whoever could make two ears of corn, or two blades of grass, to grow upon a spot of ground where only one grew before, would deserve better of mankind"... J.Swift

Vito Simplicio
Composer & Moderator
Composer & Moderator

Re: Adolfo Ferrer

Post by Vito Simplicio » Thu May 14, 2015 2:18 pm

I did a search on this forum and came up with nothing but I saw this on StoreSlider.com:
Adolfo Ferrer has been building guitars in Spain for over 25 years in the great tradition of Spanish Luthiers. He has only recently started building guitars under his own name. There is not a lot of information about him on the net at this stage but I am confident that there will be as his guitars become more well known.
Hopefully someone will come along with more information.

Vito
( vitO )===:::

Oberg (2008)
Takamine C136S (1977)

Classical Guitar Forum

RichardUno

Post by RichardUno » Thu May 14, 2015 5:58 pm

Youtube

You might try contacting Mr. Zavaleta, he is probably very familiar with the Ferrer family. His current inventory includes guitars made by Eduardo Duran Ferrer and Antonio Raya Ferrer. Then again, Adolfo might not be from the Granada Ferrer family. Looking at the label, the city appears to be Alzira, not Granada as I would expect.

Jedaks

Post by Jedaks » Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:25 am

Well, after a long email trail and establishing the best relationship as we are able to across the planet from each other, I have sent my deposit to this Spanish gentleman to begin my instrument. Expected completion is December 2016, give or take a few weeks.

I've never commissioned a guitar before and this will be my first truly high-quality instrument. It is exciting and a little spooky! But I have complete confidence in him.
"He gave it for his opinion, that whoever could make two ears of corn, or two blades of grass, to grow upon a spot of ground where only one grew before, would deserve better of mankind"... J.Swift

Jedaks

Post by Jedaks » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:56 pm

My instrument coming together little by little
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jedaks

Post by Jedaks » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:58 pm

A couple more
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Denis

Post by Denis » Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:02 pm

it seems that this will be an excellent instrument.
Sounds great on clip!
Congratulations!

Jedaks

Post by Jedaks » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:04 am

Howdy folks.
I'm blowing the dust off this thread rather than begin another one.
After a two year wait (part financial budgeting on my part, part CITES Rosewood regulations and part quaint Spanish-Australian Customs process, I finally have my first luthier built guitar! It Is simply magnificent and I am confident that it is the best guitar ever to be made in the whole world! :D

It is responsive to any touch and has forced me to lift my game, technique-wise. I found that I was slightly brushing adjacent strings with my finger tips and I never noticed that on my old guitar. And every note on every string at every fret simply rings so CLEAR! Wow!

I've only had the guitar a month and we are still getting to know each other. My only negative opinion is it is rather "bright" sounding. I attribute that to the strings the luthier used (Knobloch C.X. carbons). I chose a cedar top because I believed the mythology of cedar producing "dark,warm tone"

Sprucetop

Post by Sprucetop » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:23 am

Congratulations, the guitar looks beautiful, although looking at the number on the label I wonder how long it will take to "Bond" with it...(sorry, couldn't resist...).
"Music exists for the purpose of growing an admirable heart." Shinichi Suzuki

Return to “Advice on buying, selling or valuing a guitar”