Making Words From Other Words

Word games to exercise the brain and develop improvisational skills.
Malcolm

Making Words From Other Words

Post by Malcolm » Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:49 am

I was watching the news a couple of days ago and there was an item about obesity (and the usual footage of all the overweight people from the shoulders down - so rude). I saw the words "bad diets" and for some reason began thinking about how many words of three letters or more could be made from those two words.

I started getting bored at 83! Fun for a while though.

Cheers,
Malcolm
When I was ten, I thought my parents knew everything. When I became twenty, I was convinced they knew nothing. Then, at thirty, I realized I was right when I was ten.

Mark Twain

Gordito158

Re: Making Words From Other Words

Post by Gordito158 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:13 am

It looks like Malcolm is interested in "anagrams", which, considering their popularity, can be a bit mundane. Instead of an anagram, try taking the word G- U- I- T- A- R and making a plausible sentence from it that would be guitar-related. For example, GUITAR: Get Up In Time And Review.
(ie Get up in the morning so you have time to review a piece on your guitar, before going to work)
If the word "guitar" doesn't seem workable, try a different but guitar-related word......
ie F - R - E - T. ( a guitar part, or what you do when you can't find the time to practise) => Frequent Repetition Enhances Technique
ie E - B - G - D -A - E (the Open string names) ? ? ? ? ? ?
ie A - E - C - G -D -A (5th fret note names) ? ? ? ? ? ?

Return to “Word games”