French Polish Shine

Construction and repair of Classical Guitar and related instruments
Kintla

Re: French Polish Shine

Post by Kintla » Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:21 pm

Lovely sounding guitar! I guess it doesn't hurt to have a great player playing it, Frank has a rather distinctive playing style imo.

SeanWinkler

Post by SeanWinkler » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:34 pm

Thought I would resurrect this thread since Aaron recently posted a video of Frank Wallace playing Tarrega on my lovely 2016 Aaron Green guitar. It's always great to hear your instrument in the hands of such a skilled artist!

Youtube
Remember Anthony Weller, please help. Contact myself or Aaron Green for details.

Chris Sobel
Luthier

Post by Chris Sobel » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:31 am

Wow, it sounds just lovely. That's definitely the sound I like and am after! Musical, a touch of old world, and a nice clarity.

Nice work Aaron, Frank and congratulations Sean on the new guitar!
CE Sobel Guitars

Aaron Green
Luthier

Post by Aaron Green » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:11 pm

Thank you Chris! Much appreciate the kind words!
Aaron Green, Luthier

Guitarists unite to help Anthony Weller. PM me to ask how you may do so as well.

Guitar-ded

Post by Guitar-ded » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:02 pm

Chris Sobel wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:31 am
Wow, it sounds just lovely. That's definitely the sound I like and am after! Musical, a touch of old world, and a nice clarity.

Nice work Aaron, Frank and congratulations Sean on the new guitar!
Amen to that!
Congrats to all involved .
Getting better bit by bit, day by day.

Chris Sobel
Luthier

Post by Chris Sobel » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:05 am

Aaron Green wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:11 pm
Thank you Chris! Much appreciate the kind words!
Welcome! Is this a traditional model or your more contemporary design?

Chris
CE Sobel Guitars

Aaron Green
Luthier

Post by Aaron Green » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:45 am

This is my smaller bodied guitar model, which I am calling my Romanillos inspired model, although it is equally inspired by the Hauser Llobet models. I traced a Romanillos and altered the curves to match my personal aesthetic (and my larger standard guitar shape).

I really love building these guitars as the smaller shape gives the trebles a beautiful singing quality that is kind of the hallmark of smaller guitars. These are obviously very traditional under the hood as it were. I've built them in cypress as well as rosewood and am currently building one in super flamed koa.

I borrowed the guitar back from Sean for this recording session as we had never recorded this guitar and I definitely wanted to but more so Frank Wallace and I had a multiple guitar recording project we wanted to do. It's kind of our answer to the same piece on many guitars you often see on Youtube. I personally think it's a cool concept but I'm not crazy about how it is often done. In our example Frank is playing a suite of five studies he wrote for a very close mutual friend (and in my case also one of my best clients). At one point, between Frank and myself we had 5 Hauser guitars kicking around. Frank owns a magnficent 1931 Hauser, I have the 41 Hauser we restored and am currently representing for sale, a gorgeous 1959 Hauser I sold but the owner hasn't picked it up yet and a recent arrival in another 1959 Hauser. The fifth was a stunning Llobet model Hauser from 1939 that I recently sold and is unfortunately not in easy striking distance.

So the idea was these 5 studies on 5 Hausers. Since the Llobet model Hauser was not available we opted to use Sean's Romanillos/Llobet inspired guitar, which of course made me very happy. Frank also has just put out a version using his Hauser for two movements, which is very cool and I'll be putting that up on Youtube as well.
Aaron Green, Luthier

Guitarists unite to help Anthony Weller. PM me to ask how you may do so as well.

jayjayrose

Post by jayjayrose » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:54 pm

Still reeling from playing that 59, Aaron.
"…that all-pervading talisman of Spanish pleasure, the guitar." -Washington Irving

Aaron Green
Luthier

Post by Aaron Green » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:06 pm

Yes it's stunning. There is no doubt about that. Glad you came by, as always
Aaron Green, Luthier

Return to “Luthiers”