Amalio Burguet 1A - Limited Edition

Construction and repair of Classical Guitar and related instruments
tmblweed1

Re: Amalio Burguet 1A - Limited series

Post by tmblweed1 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:32 pm

Michael.N. wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:23 pm
Well they will work of course. Very, very few tuners are so bad that you can't tune a guitar. Functionally they might be quite good, so I'd give them a chance. I haven't tried that particular model but I'm sure there will be others on here who have. I'm not fond of the gold coating. I think they would look much nicer in just plain brass. Like a lot of cheap tuners they think that bling is going to 'improve' them, in fact it just makes them look cheap.
The tuners are not gold plated but polished brass, you can buy them at Stew Mac. I have a 2017 1a and the tuners are the same.

"High quality machines with smooth tuning and removable knobs; their elegantly simple polished unplated brass baseplates have an incised vine motif.

Complete sets of 14:1 tuners for nylon-string classic guitars with slotted peghead and 35mm (1-3/8") string roller spacing. The string roller sleeves are durable 3/8"-diameter white plastic. "
As soon as you see something, you already start to intellectualize it. As soon as you intellectualize something, it is no longer what you saw.
Shunryu Suzuki-roshi 1905 1971

Return to “Luthiers”