Richard Reynoso Spruce/Maple Build Thread

Construction and repair of Classical Guitar and related instruments
altnaez

Re: Richard Reynoso Spruce/Maple Build Thread

Post by altnaez » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:58 pm

Congratulations Justfun! Its a real beauty. I'm sure it sounds as good as it looks. Richard is a very gifted luthier.

Saludos !

Justfun

Post by Justfun » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:17 pm

Thank you Altanez...I'm very happy. This guitar is just amazing. Dear friend just wait : )

Fred
Richard Reynoso, Cypress \ Spruce 2016
Lozano Spruce 2001
Inofuentes 1997

Monteverde

Post by Monteverde » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:18 am

Thanks, Fred.

Best regards.

liapunov84

Post by liapunov84 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:03 am

Richard is currently working on my guitar Spruce/Indian Rosewood, I am excited :)

Monteverde

Post by Monteverde » Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:38 pm

liapunov84 wrote:Richard is currently working on my guitar Spruce/Indian Rosewood, I am excited :)
That's great news, Liapunov84. As Richard Reynoso is getting started on your Spruce/Indian Rosewood guitar, he has just sent along a new batch of photographs as he heads toward the home stretch with this Maple guitar. Inspired by the work of JG Stauffer and 19th-century guitar-makers, Richard decided to ebonize the Walnut neck of the instrument to contrast with the body of the guitar:
Richard Reynoso Side 1.jpg
Richard Reynoso Side 2.jpg
Richard Reynoso Neck.jpg
Richard Reynoso Back 1.jpg
Richard Reynoso Back Detail 1.jpg
Richard Reynoso Heel Cap 1.jpg
Richard Reynoso Heel Cap 2.jpg
Richard Reynoso Guitar & Holly.jpg
Best regards.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Taylor 25

Post by Taylor 25 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:08 pm

This guitar looks absolutely amazing! I really do have a great appreciation for the work of Richard Reynoso. I can't wait to see the finished product and more importantly to (hopefully) hear a recording of this beautiful guitar being played.

tednovak

Post by tednovak » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:25 pm

Wow. Makes my Reynoso look down right ordinary. Very talented guy. I'm sure it will sound as good as it looks
Greg Byers spruce/Indian
Richard Reynoso cedar/Indian

Monteverde

Post by Monteverde » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:01 am

Taylor 25 wrote:This guitar looks absolutely amazing! I really do have a great appreciation for the work of Richard Reynoso. I can't wait to see the finished product and more importantly to (hopefully) hear a recording of this beautiful guitar being played.
tednovak wrote:Wow. Makes my Reynoso look down right ordinary. Very talented guy. I'm sure it will sound as good as it looks
Hi Steve and Ted,

Over the many conversations I had with Richard Reynoso before he started constructing this guitar, an image of it took shape in Richard's mind that included certain elements he had thought about for some time, such as the "chandelier" rosette and the ebonized neck, but never used before. I was fortunate to be in the right place at the right time to benefit from Richard's creative spirit. If my luck holds out, perhaps Tavi Jinariu will make a few recordings with the guitar, as he has with some of Richard's others.

Best regards.

Taylor 25

Post by Taylor 25 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:51 am

If Tavi Jinariu could record a few songs on this guitar, that would be awesome! Who knows, he might even oblige you by taking a song request or two. :) Tavi did that for me when I bought a guitar from him-- though I do understand that this situation is a little different.

kdwiklund

Post by kdwiklund » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:30 pm

Very cool.
David Pace 2017 - cedar double-top
David Pace 2014 - spruce
Jose Oribe 1973 - spruce

powderedtoastman

Post by powderedtoastman » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:02 pm

This is really coming together.. looks like it's going to be an awesome guitar! I hope I get to see/hear it when it's done.

Monteverde

Post by Monteverde » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:23 am

kdwiklund wrote:Very cool.
powderedtoastman wrote:This is really coming together.. looks like it's going to be an awesome guitar! I hope I get to see/hear it when it's done.
Hi Kim and PTM,

Thanks for your kind comments, which I've passed along to Richard Reynoso -- their rightful recipient. I will be sure to post more photos of the guitar right through to its completion as I receive them from Richard.

Best regards.

bacsidoan

Post by bacsidoan » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:49 am

It's a good thing that my Reynoso sounds pretty good, otherwise I would be green with envy. I keep telling myself: "It's the sound that counts..." :)

Monteverde

Post by Monteverde » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:59 am

bacsidoan wrote:It's a good thing that my Reynoso sounds pretty good, otherwise I would be green with envy. I keep telling myself: "It's the sound that counts..." :)
Hi Doan --

I'm sure Richard will get a smile from reading your note, and I'm certain he'd be happy to build you a second Reynoso!

By the way, I owe you an apology; I misunderstood your early posting back on the first page of this thread. I thought you meant that you were still in the queue, and I prattled on about discussing your preferences with Richard; again, my apologies.

Now, if you get back in the queue for that second Reynoso, then you might consider... :wink:

Best regards.

Kent

Post by Kent » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:21 pm

Even the Cat looks good!

Return to “Luthiers”