Richard Reynoso Spruce/Maple Build Thread

Construction and repair of Classical Guitar and related instruments
petermc61

Re: Richard Reynoso Spruce/Maple Build Thread

Post by petermc61 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:33 am

I am REALLY looking forward to hearing that video.

Feynman

Post by Feynman » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:39 am

petermc61 wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:33 am
I am REALLY looking forward to hearing that video.
Likewise!

I am thrilled for you. What a special instrument.
-mitch

zupfgeiger

Post by zupfgeiger » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:43 am

Monteverde wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:15 pm
petermc61 wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:01 pm
The guitar was a commission, GSI never had it. They represent Reynoso and show some of his pre-sold guitars (to give Richard exposure and presumably to take orders for similar instruments if it catches the eye of any buyers).

My guitar also got a similar listing even though I acquired it direct from Richard.
zupfgeiger wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:44 pm
Are you sure, Peter?
Yes, Peter is correct, I commissioned the guitar directly from Richard Reynoso. I do believe that if GSI wishes to show the directly-commissioned guitars of the luthiers they represent -- which could be advantageous to both GSI and those luthiers -- they should establish a "Luthier's Portfolio" section for each luthier they represent, thereby allowing potential buyers to review that luthier's work, but without pricing or the implication that GSI sold those guitars (if they did not in fact do so).

Best regards,
Jon
Tmho it's missleading to announce a guitar as "on hold", fitted with a price tag, that has never seen the GSI showroom. Audacious marketing strategy.
The secret of getting ahead is getting started (Mark Twain)

Tobias Braun, Santos copy, spruce/yew, 2017
Andrea Tacchi, Enrique Garcia model, Spruce/BRAZ, 2016
Giovanni Tacchi, Daniel Friederich copy, cedar/EIR, 2017

UKsteve

Post by UKsteve » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:29 am

zupfgeiger wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:43 am
Tmho it's missleading to announce a guitar as "on hold", fitted with a price tag, that has never seen the GSI showroom. Audacious marketing strategy.
Absolutely! It implies that the dealer had the guitar and sold it successfully, thereby enhancing their commercial image.
Misleading and quite disgraceful.

Monteverde

Post by Monteverde » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:06 pm

zupfgeiger wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:43 am
Monteverde wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:15 pm
Yes, Peter is correct, I commissioned the guitar directly from Richard Reynoso. I do believe that if GSI wishes to show the directly-commissioned guitars of the luthiers they represent -- which could be advantageous to both GSI and those luthiers -- they should establish a "Luthier's Portfolio" section for each luthier they represent, thereby allowing potential buyers to review that luthier's work, but without pricing or the implication that GSI sold those guitars (if they did not in fact do so).

Best regards,
Jon
UKsteve wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:29 am
Absolutely!
Hello Michael and Steve --

I agree with your comments. When Richard Reynoso was made aware of how the guitar was originally labeled on the GSI site, he rapidly asked them to correct it. In addition, regarding price, even though the guitar took substantially more time and effort than Richard had foreseen at the outset -- because he incorporated new techniques (ebonizing), design elements (rosette), and woods (Walnut neck) which he had not previously used -- he never suggested that I should pay more than his standard commission price at the time (not the GSI price shown), two years ago, when he agreed to take it on.

Best regards,
Jon

bacsidoan

Post by bacsidoan » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:55 pm

Monteverde wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:06 pm

I agree with your comments. When Richard Reynoso was made aware of how the guitar was originally labeled on the GSI site, he rapidly asked them to correct it. In addition, regarding price, even though the guitar took substantially more time and effort than Richard had foreseen at the outset -- because he incorporated new techniques (ebonizing), design elements (rosette), and woods (Walnut neck) which he had not previously used -- he never suggested that I should pay more than his standard commission price at the time (not the GSI price shown), two years ago, when he agreed to take it on.

Best regards,
Jon
Being one of his prior customers, I can confirm that Mr. Reynoso is an honest, honorable person to do business with.

Justfun

Post by Justfun » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:13 pm

bacsidoan wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:55 pm
Monteverde wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:06 pm

Best regards,
Jon
Being one of his prior customers, I can confirm that Mr. Reynoso is an honest, honorable person to do business with.
+ 1

Yes very honest.

Fred
Richard Reynoso, Cypress \ Spruce 2016
Lozano Spruce 2001
Inofuentes 1997

zupfgeiger

Post by zupfgeiger » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:42 am

My comment was striktly focused on GSI, not on the luthier who certainly is a fine craftsman and an honest person.
The secret of getting ahead is getting started (Mark Twain)

Tobias Braun, Santos copy, spruce/yew, 2017
Andrea Tacchi, Enrique Garcia model, Spruce/BRAZ, 2016
Giovanni Tacchi, Daniel Friederich copy, cedar/EIR, 2017

Monteverde

Post by Monteverde » Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:28 am

Richard Reynoso has now posted his video of the guitar:

2017 Richard Reynoso ~ Taso Comanescu Plays Burgalesa by Torroba

Best regards,
Jon

cgratham

Post by cgratham » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:46 am

Hi Jon,
Congratulations. You have a stunningly beautiful new guitar. I love everything about the aesthetic and the sound in the video clip is wonderful. You must be extremely pleased.
Chris
2014 Douglass Scott Cedar/EIRW
2010 Martin Blackwell Spruce/Cedar Double top/ EIRW

cgratham

Post by cgratham » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:49 am

Duplicate post
2014 Douglass Scott Cedar/EIRW
2010 Martin Blackwell Spruce/Cedar Double top/ EIRW

Monteverde

Post by Monteverde » Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:46 am

cgratham wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:46 am
Hi Jon,
Congratulations. You have a stunningly beautiful new guitar. I love everything about the aesthetic and the sound in the video clip is wonderful. You must be extremely pleased.
Chris
Hi Chris,

Thanks for your very kind comment; I couldn't be happier with the guitar. I am extremely grateful to Richard Reynoso for creating it, and to all of the forum members who advised and encouraged me to commission the instrument from Richard to begin with and who have responded with such generosity of spirit upon its completion.

Best regards,
Jon

Justfun

Post by Justfun » Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:25 am

Jon,

What a beautiful female voice, I'm 110% sure that Sean Eric Howard was mesmerize by the sounds of Richard Creation. And yours truly but mainly from videos.

Fred
Richard Reynoso, Cypress \ Spruce 2016
Lozano Spruce 2001
Inofuentes 1997

Monteverde

Post by Monteverde » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:11 pm

Justfun wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:25 am
Jon,

What a beautiful female voice, I'm 110% sure that Sean Eric Howard was mesmerize by the sounds of Richard Creation. And yours truly but mainly from videos.

Fred
Hi Fred --

Yes, I, too, am captivated by the voice of Richard Reynoso's creation; and, as you know, the video only begins to capture its remarkable sound. Thanks again for your encouragement.

Best regards,
Jon

Monteverde

Post by Monteverde » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:46 pm

Richard Reynoso has updated his video of the guitar, adjusting the color and increasing the volume a bit:

2017 Richard Reynoso ~ Taso Comanescu Plays Burgalesa by Torroba

Best regards,
Jon

Return to “Luthiers”