which machine heads?

Construction and repair of Classical Guitar and related instruments
bacsidoan

Re: which machine heads?

Post by bacsidoan » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:37 am

Jeremy Clark wrote:It sounds like you already have it sorted but Scheller makes an unengraved plate...I'm also not all that into "overly ornamented" tuning machines and they are pretty much my favourite.
Only if you want the best, because these things are not exactly inexpensive. In this case, you do get what you pay for, however.

Ryeman

Post by Ryeman » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:20 pm

Jeremy Clark wrote:It sounds like you already have it sorted but Scheller makes an unengraved plate...I'm also not all that into "overly ornamented" tuning machines and they are pretty much my favourite.
Isn't this one of the really good things about this forum? Until today I had never heard of Scheller tuners. But now, thanks to Jeremy, I have looked at their website and now know that their tuners look quite exquisite, and also look like they are very well egineered. No indication of price though....And you have to be a luthier to order from them.

Alan

es335

Post by es335 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:59 am

Ryeman wrote:...And you have to be a luthier to order from them.

Alan
Not quite right! You can still order them as a privat person on request. Just sent an email to the distributor with your selection and you will receive a quotation as from Rubner for instance for custom orders. The only thing they do not offer to private persons is a price lists. These are only for luthiers! :wink:

Ryeman

Post by Ryeman » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:55 pm

es335 wrote:
Ryeman wrote:...And you have to be a luthier to order from them.

Alan
Not quite right! You can still order them as a privat person on request. Just sent an email to the distributor with your selection and you will receive a quotation as from Rubner for instance for custom orders. The only thing they do not offer to private persons is a price lists. These are only for luthiers! :wink:
I see. I may try them for a quote sometime...
My Rubner tuners arrived today. They seem nice, though not fantastically smooth-turning. I can certainly see the attraction of top quality hand-made tuners.

Alan

Phigoe

Post by Phigoe » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:13 pm

Hallo all
es335 is right, everybody can order the Tuners from us (Scheller Guitar Tuners/ Scheller Gitarrenmechaniken), it is just that we have a price list for luthiers.
For musicians or private persons, we will give individual quotes, and supply direct, worldwide.
For us it is important to make sure that all the details are clear and discussed before we send the tuner sets.
Things like: design; distance of rollers; kind of bottons, who will Mount them, will the new Tuners fit the guitar,...

Philipp

Return to “Luthiers”