Another Paper Guitar

Construction and repair of Classical Guitar and related instruments
John Ray
Luthier

Re: Another Paper Guitar

Postby John Ray » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:02 pm

I was there too for the testing of the 9 Leonardo guitars and I agree that the guitar-maker and the player make all the difference, it is not the wood or lack thereof. The paper guitar really responded well, just as Walter's guitars generally do.

I enjoyed Gerhard's lecture on Hauser which filled in some gaps in my knowledge about guitars and makers. It was also a pleasure to meet James in person and appreciate the wonderful work he does both on his guitars and with his students. The festival was great!
John Ray
blog Great guitars of the past
facebook John Ray guitars

gjo

Re: Another Paper Guitar

Postby gjo » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:33 am

James Lister wrote:
gjo wrote:I have heard that guitar played by Andrea de Vitis in a group of 9 Leonardo Project guitars last Friday evening. 8 guitars were good guitars, one was outstanding - the paper guitar.

The paper guitar did stand out from the others - but it should be noted that that guitar was made by an experienced luthier - the others were all made by students.

James

Yes, you are right. I only wanted to mention that the paper guitar left some positive impressions in my memory. Unfortunately with all the things going on I missed the occasion to have it in my hands as you did.

It was nice to meet you in person for the first time, your leaf rosette is even more impressive in the real guitar than it already was in the well documented "making" process pictures.

Return to “Luthiers”