Does the guitar for sale section also open to professional trader to sell their guitar ?

Construction and repair of Classical Guitar and related instruments
Tom

Does the guitar for sale section also open to professional trader to sell their guitar ?

Post by Tom » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:36 pm

I just curious what is the rule of the Guitar for sale section on this forum.

Does it open to professional trader or only limit to member who is selling their own guitar?

If it is open to professional trader, so it means someone from GSI can also post here for sale?

Hope the moderator can clarify.

Stephen Kenyon
Teacher

Re: Does the guitar for sale section also open to professional trader to sell their guitar ?

Post by Stephen Kenyon » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:11 pm

Forum rules
Members may only sell their own instruments or instruments they have built themselves.
Simon Ambridge Series 40 (2005)
Trevor Semple Series 88 (1992)
Louis Panormo (1838)
Alexander Batov Baroque Guitar (2013)

Tom

Re: Does the guitar for sale section also open to professional trader to sell their guitar ?

Post by Tom » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:28 pm

Stephen Kenyon wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:11 pm
Forum rules
Members may only sell their own instruments or instruments they have built themselves.
Thank you Stephen for the clarification!

I have notice they are member who always selling his so-called "own" instrument but actually some instrument they acquire and sell. It appears as their personal own guitar but in reality they buy them for selling and making use of delcamp as a free platform to help them to make money.

It is very obvious those members do not really "own" those instrument as part of their collections. They are just buying and selling but pretend to to be their own instrument. delcamp is an excellent place for someone as a trader to sell their guitar with very well targeted customer, more importantly it is free and they don't need to pay a fee like on an auction site.

Will delcamp permit such "seller" under the Guitar for sale ?

If the answer is yes, it is obvious many such "seller" will join delcamp for the purpose of using this advantage.

Stephen Kenyon
Teacher

Post by Stephen Kenyon » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:41 pm

Tom wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:28 pm
Stephen Kenyon wrote:
Forum rules

I have notice they are member who always selling his so-called "own" instrument but actually some instrument they acquire and sell. It appears as their personal own guitar but in reality they buy them for selling and making use of delcamp as a free platform to help them to make money.
Well don't know, perhaps some of the frequent sellers can let us know ...
Simon Ambridge Series 40 (2005)
Trevor Semple Series 88 (1992)
Louis Panormo (1838)
Alexander Batov Baroque Guitar (2013)

simonm
Amateur luthier

Post by simonm » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:19 pm

There is inevitably going to be a somewhat of a grey area where people buy and sell. Many of the instruments here are sold by people who are in search of the holy grail and simply go through a lot of instruments. There is nobody that I have noticed over the years that is here exclusively to sell instruments although a number of well-known dealers are here who never offer instruments for sale. Some people do sell off a number of instruments over a period of time in order to finance new instruments or even to finance things such as medical care.

At one time I was interested in helping lady here sell some nice instruments including a Romanillos. However, after clarification with the moderators it was clear that this was not allowed as they were not mine and I was not going to lie about ownership. As a result of that I an fairly sensitive to the issue and as I said at the beginning I have seen little or no abuse of the system. Not much gets by the great team of moderators.

lagartija

Post by lagartija » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:49 pm

Tom wrote:
Stephen Kenyon wrote:
Forum rules

It is very obvious those members do not really "own" those instrument as part of their collections. They are just buying and selling but pretend to to be their own instrument. delcamp is an excellent place for someone as a trader to sell their guitar with very well targeted customer, more importantly it is free and they don't need to pay a fee like on an auction site.

If the answer is yes, it is obvious many such "seller" will join delcamp for the purpose of using this advantage.
If anyone believes that a member is using the sales section of Delcamp in a way that is not in accordance with the rules set forth by M.Delcamp, they should notify the moderator team using the private messaging system, and not discuss these suspicions on the open forum. The Moderators will evaluate the evidence presented of this possible violation and take disciplinary action if required (as set forth in the rules).
Should there be a particular sale that is in violation, any member can use the report button to notify the Moderators.
I hope that clearly answers the question....
:-)
When the sun shines, bask.
__/^^^^^o>
Classical Guitar forever!

astro64

Post by astro64 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:50 pm

Tom wrote:
Stephen Kenyon wrote:
Forum rules

Selling guitars well below the prices we see them listed at dealers and elsewhere does not particularly strike me as a money making enterprise....

Gary Macleod

Post by Gary Macleod » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:22 pm

I'd definitely fall into the category of buying and selling a lot, there is certainly no profit for me in it. It is more a quest to play as many guitars as I can( the grass is always greener) . Living in Scotland there is no other way without traveling a great distance to dealers in England.

petermc61

Post by petermc61 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:31 pm

Gary Macleod wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:22 pm
Living in Scotland there is no other way without traveling a great distance to dealers in England.
Hi Gary

Perspective is a funny thing. As somebody who lives on a vast, underpopulated chunk of land the thought of living in a small chunk of land with 6-7 good or world class dealers spread across it sounds like heaven! :wink:

Peter

simonm
Amateur luthier

Post by simonm » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:13 am

petermc61 wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:31 pm

Perspective is a funny thing. As somebody who lives on a vast, underpopulated chunk of land the thought of living in a small chunk of land with 6-7 good or world class dealers spread across it sounds like heaven! :wink:

Peter
Indeed. When I visit Menorca I sometimes find myself thinking that one town or another is a long way away (30 mins relaxed driving). 700 km2 = total island. There are probably bigger farms (or whatever you call them) in Australia. On the other hand I have driven the 1300km stretch Frankfurt-Barcelona to the ferry a numbers of times in the last 6 months rather than fly.

petermc61

Post by petermc61 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:26 am

simonm wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:13 am
petermc61 wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:31 pm

Peter
Indeed. When I visit Menorca I sometimes find myself thinking that one town or another is a long way away (30 mins relaxed driving). 700 km2 = total island. There are probably bigger farms (or whatever you call them) in Australia. On the other hand I have driven the 1300km stretch Frankfurt-Barcelona to the ferry a numbers of times in the last 6 months rather than fly.
Probably bigger farms than 700 km2? Simon, that's the size of a backyard on a typical urban property here.... Mowing the lawn is an epic undertaking. :D

I don't know how many farms/stations are bigger than the island of Menorca (700 km2). I did find out that there are about 70 that are bigger than 'six Menorcas' (4,000 km2), with the largest working property a bit under 24,000 km2.

Peter

Pete Beer
Luthier

Post by Pete Beer » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:11 am

Hi Gary,

You may have already been, and not found what you want, but are you aware of DK guitars? They are just north of Glasgow.

dk classicalguitars

Pete

andreas777

Post by andreas777 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:05 am

I think it's obvious who is a private seller and who is a semi-professional seller here. I don't care about it, and if I understand the answer correctly, it's tolerated as long as no-one complains about it.
Happiness is when what you think what you say and what you do are in harmony.

Gary Macleod

Post by Gary Macleod » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:32 am

Pete Beer wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:11 am
Hi Gary,

You may have already been, and not found what you want, but are you aware of DK guitars? They are just north of Glasgow.

dk classicalguitars

Pete
Thanks Pete, I went about 8 years ago but he seems to have a wider range of guitars now. I hear very good things about your guitars too.

Pete Beer
Luthier

Post by Pete Beer » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:43 am

Thanks Gary,

In Scotland there is also Bill Kelday, Michael Ritchie, and possibly still Colin Morrison. Although I haven't heard much about Colin recently. Bill and Michael are both in the countryside north of Glasgow, Colin is in Arbroath I think, and I am in Argyll (about 2 hours from Glasgow).

DK will obviously have guitars from further afield as well, and usually some second hand guitars. Also, there are usually a few makers from England and sometimes Europe at the Big Guitar weekend (Glasgow) and the Classical Guitar Retreat (Millport).

Apologies to the OP for going off piste.

Pete

Return to “Luthiers”