My Latest Student's Build- 1977 Miguel Rodriquez Jr.

Construction and repair of Classical Guitar and related instruments
romanticguitars

My Latest Student's Build- 1977 Miguel Rodriquez Jr.

Post by romanticguitars » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:03 pm

My latest student is finishing this guitar and she stuck to the plans with a couple exception. She has the onset of arthritis and wanted a custom neck to help especially with barr chords. So it is spruce top, Indian rosewood B&S. At the nut 46mm, 650 scale, 16 radius. Sound port, which is the third guitar with a port to leave my shop in the last couple years. She has some final cleaning up, sanding etc. and I'll ad a finished photo later. The soundboard will be FP and the rest Tu=Oil. (BTW Any cosmetic defects you see in these photos have been cleaned up!) :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Lean your body forward slightly to support the guitar against your chest, for the poetry of the music should resound in your heart." Segovia

Bruno Piancatelli
Amateur luthier

Re: My Latest Student's Build- 1977 Miguel Rodriquez Jr.

Post by Bruno Piancatelli » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:33 pm

Very nice work of your student! I was strugling with the idea of making one on the Rodriguez style too..

romanticguitars

Post by romanticguitars » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:48 pm

Thank you! Interesting bracing and it sounds beautiful... and most importantly she built something she can enjoy playing. !
"Lean your body forward slightly to support the guitar against your chest, for the poetry of the music should resound in your heart." Segovia

Bruno Piancatelli
Amateur luthier

Post by Bruno Piancatelli » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:28 pm

I wonder what happens with the triangle area that is created between the LTB and the diagonal TB, does it vibrate at high frequency, is it dead? have run chladni test to see what happens there?

Return to “Luthiers”