EIR/Lutz Torres-based guitar

Construction and repair of Classical Guitar and related instruments
Pat Foster
Luthier

Re: EIR/Lutz Torres-based guitar

Post by Pat Foster » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:00 pm

Onward! The tail block gets glued in place. There's a spacer between the block and the solera brackets that's the same thickness as the sides to keep the spacing correct.
IMG_9471.jpg

The sides were glued to the top and wedged and glued in place at the neck block.
IMG_9476.jpg

Tentellones and linings were glued in place.
IMG_9481.jpg

The linings were cut to take the back bars. Side braces were added and were let into the tentellones and linings for better protection from cracks.
IMG_9483.jpg

Pat
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Pat Foster on Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Pat Foster
Luthier

Re: EIR/Lutz Torres-based guitar

Post by Pat Foster » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:34 pm

Back at it.

Braces were added to support the back harmonic bars, then the back was glued to the sides. Plexiglas helps even out the clamping forces.
IMG_9487.jpg

A simple maple backstrip was inlaid into the back in keeping with the simple details of SE114. Here, the theme is carried over to the end graft.
IMG_9493.jpg

To the left of the heel, the EIR/maple binding is on. To the right, everything is ready for the binding to go on.
IMG_9497.jpg

Fretboard goes on.
IMG_9507.jpg

Final shaping of the neck is in progress.
IMG_9513.jpg

New meets old, using a laser to eyeball the neck profile. A profile template was used for fine tuning
IMG_9533.jpg

Finish prep and finish follow shortly!

Pat

edit: P.S. What a mixup!! Not at all what I posted. I'll have to come back and clean it up when I have some time.

edit: P.P.S. Removed images and replaced them. The file names had spaces in them; it appears that doesn't work too well.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Luthiers”