Somogyi's voicing class

Construction and repair of Classical Guitar and related instruments
Donato
Amateur luthier

Somogyi's voicing class

Post by Donato » Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:49 am

Hi, everyone. I'm interested in taking Ervin Somogyi's voicing class. Does anyone know whether he is still offering it? I emailed him but he has not answered yet, and his Website seems to be out of date (at least in the "classes" section).

Thanks!

simonm
Amateur luthier

Re: Somogyi's voicing class

Post by simonm » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:40 am

His voicing class is aimed at steel string guitars rather than nylon string guitars. I suspect the best way to contact him is by phone. No idea if he is still offering the class.
There are a number of dvd's available on voicing from various people. Whether they are good bad or indifferent I cannot say as I have never viewed any of them.

Donato
Amateur luthier

Post by Donato » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:11 pm

Thanks, Simon. I know his classes are deal mainly with steel string guitars, but having read both of his books, I suspect it would be very productive for me to attend. Anyway, I appreciate your recommendation and will surely look into other authors' material.

Donato

Peter_T
Amateur luthier

Post by Peter_T » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:08 am

Super-not-reliable source here, but on the "Luthier on Luthier" podcast, I believe Somogyi said he "used to offer" that class, but cannot accommodate the workload it causes any longer.

Return to “Luthiers”