Peones?

Construction and repair of Classical Guitar and related instruments
gjo

Re: Peones?

Post by gjo » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:31 am

John higgon wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:54 pm
I like "glue blocks", though, Gerhard. Is there a good German translation? ("Stickstucken"!?)
Hi John, in Germany we use the word "Leimklötzchen" (= small glue blocks) or more simple "Klötzchen" (= small blocks).

Douglass Scott
Luthier

Post by Douglass Scott » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:51 pm

lamanoditrento wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:40 am
Also it may affect the amount of sustain as you either increase the impedance mismatach by having the peones closer together and therefore keeping more energy in the top after the initial attack or reduce it by having them further apart.
This kind of thing is impossible to know for sure as the sound difference would be super subtle. But if it makes sense to you then that could be enough reason to spend the time fitting the tentellones tightly against each other. Keep guitar making fun, follow your inspiration.

jerry farrell

Post by jerry farrell » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:32 am

I looked inside a Antonio Marin guitar at the top construction. There was not glue mess inside at all and the peones were installed touching each other. I could not tell if they where glued together. The inside of the Antonio Marin was just about the neatest looking guitar I have seen. The peones seem to have been laid from a strip not losing there position in the strip.

vesa

Post by vesa » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:20 am

jerry farrell wrote:
The inside of the Antonio Marin was just about the neatest looking guitar I have seen.
My words too -
looking inside my Marin is a bit like walking in a beautiful cathedral and
if you touch the wood - you can't get it smoother.
Vesa Kuokkanen

Antonio Marin nr. 813 1995 (Bouchet)
Vesa Kuokkanen 2016

Manuel Najera
Amateur luthier

Post by Manuel Najera » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:57 pm

vesa wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:20 am
jerry farrell wrote:
The inside of the Antonio Marin was just about the neatest looking guitar I have seen.
My words too -
looking inside my Marin is a bit like walking in a beautiful cathedral and
if you touch the wood - you can't get it smoother.
Inside and outside. Even when they are not saturated with marquetry, they just look stunning. All the lines and curves fit perfectly.
I have had the fortune to hold and play one of his guitars and it was one of the best I´ve ever played and looked at. Everything was perfect on that guitar, the looks, the sound, the size, even the aroma was just right.

Return to “Luthiers”