Thomas Holt Andreasen

Construction and repair of Classical Guitar and related instruments
karlf

Thomas Holt Andreasen

Post by karlf » Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:37 pm

Hi everyone!

I am planning to contact Mr. Holt for ordering a guitar. I just only heard his guitars on the net and they come quite near to my taste of sound ;-) So I just wanted to ask to the owners of a Holt guitar, what experiences they made with ordering a guitar and how satisfied they are with the sound and the development of the guitar.

Any help / experience will be appreciated!

bushweek

Re: Thomas Holt Andreasen

Post by bushweek » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:02 pm

I've only tested one for a short period of time, in a lineup of other guitars. It was easily my favourite - beautiful tone and even sound across the fretboard. If all of his are as good as that one then I am sure you would be happy... this one had madagascar rw back/sides and spruce of course. Id have bought it if I could have ...but im trying to build not buy these days.

You may wish to contact Lisa Hurlong who is located in Granada and offers a brokerage service etc, or John Ray who lives and works there and is on this forum (and builds amazing guitars too). Another option might be a Marin ;)

karlf

Post by karlf » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:29 am

Thanks for your answer bushweek and the detailed experience with a Holt guitar. Could you also please tell me, what you thought about the playability?

Already read here in the forum, that John Ray recommended Holt as a very good and serious luthier as well.

karlf

Post by karlf » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:07 pm

So no one owns a Thomas Holt guitar and want to share some impressions?

Return to “Luthiers”