Need help to identify the guitar maker

Construction and repair of Classical Guitar and related instruments
PavelNovo

Need help to identify the guitar maker

Post by PavelNovo » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:07 pm

Hello,

I bought a guitar I found on a craigslist. The person selling it inherited that guitar from someone and was not a guitar player at all. Unfortunately the label inside the guitar was torn off and I we could not identify the maker. It was only possible to see that there was a yellow label with wings on it and I think I could see a part of the serial number but it was not really clear. Anyway the sound was good, it had nice low action and was in a relatively good shape, nothing that I could not fix, so I got it. I like it. But the question which brand it is still bothers me. I did some research and found that since it has low action and transparent golpeador it is probably a flamenco guitar but I could not find any labels on the Internet that would be visually similar.

Anyhow I'm looking for some help to identify the maker. I'm attaching a picture of the label. :aide:

Even if you don't know any ideas of where I can find this information are greatly appreciated :merci: .

Thank You,
Pavel.

Image https://www.dropbox.com/s/ogdj3yqhcum4z ... a.jpg?dl=0

lux

Re: Need help to identify the guitar maker

Post by lux » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:47 pm

Laudiesdad69

Post by Laudiesdad69 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:36 am

Do a search for Favilla bros and there is a page that will come up on the company’s history. Apparently they stopped importing from Japan about 1973.

PavelNovo

Post by PavelNovo » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:17 pm

Thank you both! This is a big help!
I found a page dedicated to these guitars and it looks like they were pretty decent instruments.

Thanks again,
Pavel.

lux

Post by lux » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:11 am

So taking the Favilla label and the website information together, it would appear that your guitar is a Rokkomann classical, stenciled as an Aquila...which is just an import stencil, not a manufacturer.

PavelNovo

Post by PavelNovo » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:47 pm

I wrote to Favilla, here is what I got:
Pavel,
you have a 105-R classic guitar I imported under the Aquila brand
It is roughly equivalent to the Favilla model C-7 or C-8.
It was imported in 1976.

Thomas Favilla

Return to “Luthiers”