Interesting guitars - dealer I have never heard of

Construction and repair of Classical Guitar and related instruments
simonm
Amateur luthier

Interesting guitars - dealer I have never heard of

Post by simonm » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:51 pm

I came across a whole lot of guitars on well know auction site. The dealer is apparently in a town called Michelstadt south of Frankfurt.

Some of the stuff looks interesting and unusual such as a Benito Ferrer guitar from 1917. Put item number 222545466375 into auction search box.

Then also look at other items for sale. I find the random nature of the photos a bit odd odd but everything else seems to add up. It is quite possible that some of our German members know who the dealer is - I don't.

Pat Dodson

Re: Interesting guitars - dealer I have never heard of

Post by Pat Dodson » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:24 pm

It’s Vintage-Guitar-World. It is based there and has that same guitar and many other interesting guitars for sale on its website. I’ve had no dealings with it so can’t help beyond identifying it I’m afraid. Hopefully others can.

simonm
Amateur luthier

Post by simonm » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:50 pm

Pat Dodson wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:24 pm
It’s Vintage-Guitar-World. It is based there and has that same guitar and many other interesting guitars for sale on its website. ...
I got that far too. The guys name is also easy enough to find (german sites have an "impressum" (obligatory contact info page) but I had never previously heard of the website or the person. Certainly does have some stuff that looks interesting. I have been in Michelstadt a couple of times as it is a nice afternoon trip from Frankfurt either for the their Xmas market or for the award winning pastry shop Cafe Siefert or some of their competitors. :-) Maybe I now have another reason to visit.

rinneby

Post by rinneby » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:55 pm

It's legit. I've exchanged guitars with Heiko (as he Is called) at Vintage-Guitar-World once, he's friendly and easy to deal with.

/Jon
1977 - Kuniharu Nobe No.15
1997 - Dragan Musulin
2004 - Alain Raifort Grand Concert
2006 - Casimiro Lozano XXV Aniversario

Feel free to ask me anything about Japanese classical guitars.

Pat Dodson

Post by Pat Dodson » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:14 am

rinneby wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:55 pm
It's legit. I've exchanged guitars with Heiko (as he Is called) at Vintage-Guitar-World once, he's friendly and easy to deal with.

/Jon
I couldn’t work out from the website whether VGW is only a web-based business or has a retail outlet you can visit. Do you know Jon?

rinneby

Post by rinneby » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:08 am

Pat Dodson wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:14 am
rinneby wrote:

/Jon
I couldn’t work out from the website whether VGW is only a web-based business or has a retail outlet you can visit. Do you know Jon?
I don't think it's a store, but I'm sure you can visit him. Why don't you send an email? info@vintage-guitar-world.com

/Jon
1977 - Kuniharu Nobe No.15
1997 - Dragan Musulin
2004 - Alain Raifort Grand Concert
2006 - Casimiro Lozano XXV Aniversario

Feel free to ask me anything about Japanese classical guitars.

Pat Dodson

Post by Pat Dodson » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:03 am

rinneby wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:08 am
Pat Dodson wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:14 am
rinneby wrote:

/Jon
I don't think it's a store, but I'm sure you can visit him. Why don't you send an email? info@vintage-guitar-world.com

/Jon
Thanks Jon

Pat

simonm
Amateur luthier

Post by simonm » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:57 am

@ Pat … I had a look an online map site. It looks like it is in a residential district although I could not get streeview/birdseye perspective to work. I would guess that he operates from home like some of the UK dealers. Glad that Rinneby can confirm he is legit.

Pat Dodson

Post by Pat Dodson » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:37 pm

simonm wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:57 am
@ Pat … I had a look an online map site. It looks like it is in a residential district although I could not get streeview/birdseye perspective to work. I would guess that he operates from home like some of the UK dealers. Glad that Rinneby can confirm he is legit.
Thanks Simon

Pat

Return to “Luthiers”