A. Solar Gonzalez ???

Construction and repair of Classical Guitar and related instruments
Nacio de Falla

A. Solar Gonzalez ???

Postby Nacio de Falla » Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:04 pm

i have aan A. Solar Gonzalez flamenco guitar...............i was wondering if anyone had any good info on this maker??

it seems be a very rare guitar. until recently i've only known of one other one.................but i see that another member,(guitarrista), here has a classical made by him..............and from what they have said to me is that they couldn't believe it..................that some else had one as well......

So i'm going to some pictures of it up but i may need to use more than one post...............

Don Pepe !!!..................maybe you know something about this maker???

Any and All info welcome.......... :D
Last edited by Nacio de Falla on Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nacio de Falla

Postby Nacio de Falla » Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:05 pm

here's another one.........
Last edited by Nacio de Falla on Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nacio de Falla

Postby Nacio de Falla » Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:05 pm

and yet another one...............
Last edited by Nacio de Falla on Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nacio de Falla

Postby Nacio de Falla » Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:06 pm

and just this last one.............
Last edited by Nacio de Falla on Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

guitarrista

Postby guitarrista » Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:36 pm

Nacio!!

Thank you!! :applauso: :okok: :okok:

I hope to post pictures of my Anselmo Solar Gonzalez classical in the next day or two, here. Maybe after that I could ask you for more pictures - some closeups of the rosette and the label inside, for example??

Anybody else have an A.S.Gonzalez??

I've always wondered about the luthier. I really like how the guitar is balanced, how it sounds. And how it smells !! Ooohh.. :love:

Mine has different tone woods from Nacio's guitar, but I think the basic body shape is the same or very similar.

:guitare:

Pepe Vergara

Postby Pepe Vergara » Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:22 pm

Nacio: I do not know about that name. It seems to be probably named after someone, not that someone named that way made it. You know, like Principe de Vergara, or so. However, judging for the photos, it seems to be a fine guitar. Every time I see a flamenco guitar with white golpedores, the image of a very good player comes to mind. I do not know why! I saw the lines of the guitar and look fine to me. Maybe a pic of the label and a pic of the inside will help me findout more about it.

Nacio de Falla

Postby Nacio de Falla » Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:06 pm

Thanks Pepe, ......i seem to remeber reading something about this person in that Romanillos book............something about them being a student of Santos......???..............but i'm not sure........... :lol:

Sorry!!........i forgot the picture of the label......... :oops:

Here it is...........
Last edited by Nacio de Falla on Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nacio de Falla

Postby Nacio de Falla » Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:09 pm

Oh ya !......................by the way Pepe..........i know what you mean about the white golpedores !!..............reminds me of the days of old...... :wink:

Tomas-Lobos

Postby Tomas-Lobos » Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:28 pm

A rosette says a lot about a guitar. That rosette is superb.

Nacio de Falla

Postby Nacio de Falla » Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:30 pm

Thanks T-Lobos.......! you should hear the way it sounds........... 8)

can't wait to see what your guitar looks like guitarrista........! :)

guitarrista

Postby guitarrista » Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:20 pm

nacio wrote:can't wait to see what your guitar looks like guitarrista........! :)

:D :D :D I should be able to upload something over the weekend.. sorry about the delay. I just have not used my digital camera yet (so far only my son has used it), sooooo.. I have to go through the inevitable glitches and jump the (un)expected digital hoops until I successfully upload a picture here :oops: :oops:

Nacio de Falla

Postby Nacio de Falla » Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:48 pm

there's no rush guitarrista......... :D

don't mind me....... :lol: :lol: :wink:

Nacio de Falla

Postby Nacio de Falla » Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:10 pm

you know i think this may the book i seen this makes name and history in..........under Anselmo Solar..........
http://www.guitarsalon.com/include/imag ... Romanillos

and i think this is interesting............because i thought i heard from someone else about him originally being a violin maker.........and this Luthier talks about what he's learned from his A.S.Gonzalez relating to violin making........
http://www.marchione.com/classical.htm

Pepe, do you have that book metioned up there ??.................or anyone else?? :wink:
Last edited by Nacio de Falla on Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pepe Vergara

Postby Pepe Vergara » Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:15 pm

Nacio. Yes. I do. It is kind of a dictionary. I will look for that name. I saw you are selling the prototype of the solista. I wonder who is going to be the lucky buyer. That is a pretty guitar. I have made couple of prototypes for someone, but without any closing. Usually, whe we make a prototype, we put all we have in it.

Nacio de Falla

Postby Nacio de Falla » Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:21 pm

Thanks Pepe !!..........i can't wait to see what you find...................yeup!..........i'm selling the proto-type Solista.
it really is a one of a kind it has some nice fancy's to it that the ones they are selling doesn't ....................plus it REALLY has that bark you want from a blanca.

Return to “Luthiers”