Classical Guitar with the Best Value

Construction and repair of Classical Guitar and related instruments
bacsidoan

Re: Classical Guitar with the Best Value

Post by bacsidoan » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:00 pm

Pat Dodson wrote:The OP, Ted posted his question 9 years ago and within 24 hours was no longer posting on the thread. He has not asked any similar question since. Ted last visited the forum a month ago so won't yet be aware of the thread's coming to life again after 9 years of dormancy.

The thread has been awakened by a member who, far from seeking advice, is advertising a website s/he is associated with which is actually offering advice on just this topic though we are invited to add suggestions about what the website might add to improve its advice.

So it's not clear that anyone here is seeking advice; or at least not in the usual way.

It's a fascinating topic of course so I'm sure that won't stop us. :D
Thanks for the insight. Evidently we are suckers, eager to share our profound knowledge on our beloved instrument.

zupfgeiger

Post by zupfgeiger » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:05 pm

At least Ted is still listed as an active member. Maybe he found his best-of-all-worlds beauty meanwhile and can report.

Edit: Well, I just checked. His last post was in August 2016. Quite a while ago.
The secret of getting ahead is getting started (Mark Twain)

Andrea Tacchi, Enrique Garcia model, Spruce/BRAZ, 2016
Giovanni Tacchi, Daniel Friederich copy, cedar/EIR, 2017
Alain Raifort, cedar/EIR, 2004

simonm
Amateur luthier

Post by simonm » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:14 pm

zupfgeiger wrote:At least Ted is still listed as an active member. Maybe he found his best-of-all-worlds beauty meanwhile and can report.

Edit: Well, I just checked. His last post was in August 2016. Quite a while ago.

Great minds think alike … :-) I also checked but it said he was logged in on the 17 March 2017. So definitely still about.

rojarosguitar

Post by rojarosguitar » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:54 pm

ROFL :lol: :lol: :lol:
Music is a big continent with different landscapes and corners. Some of them I do visit frequently, some from time to time and some I know from hearsay only ...

igycrctl

Post by igycrctl » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:01 pm

JQ. wrote:Guitars are like women or cars...
Don't be sexist! Guitars are definitely NOT like women, especially if you are a heterosexual woman. Otherwise, guitars may or may not be like women, depending on the guitar and the woman.

Feynman

Post by Feynman » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:37 pm

For me, it's the one that stopped all of the churn buying, selling, window shopping, over-analyzing and what-if'ing.

When the guitar speaks to you, when you can't stop thinking about grabbing it for just a little more practice time, when you feel the sense of awe upon opening the case, the beauty of even a single note...these sorts of things provide real and lasting value.

My guitar is expensive by many standards, but it put an end to so much other stuff that the benefit is significant.

I love my guitar. I hope you love yours too. :)
-mitch

rojarosguitar

Post by rojarosguitar » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:34 pm

Feynman wrote:For me, it's the one that stopped all of the churn buying, selling, window shopping, over-analyzing and what-if'ing.

When the guitar speaks to you, when you can't stop thinking about grabbing it for just a little more practice time, when you feel the sense of awe upon opening the case, the beauty of even a single note...these sorts of things provide real and lasting value.

My guitar is expensive by many standards, but it put an end to so much other stuff that the benefit is significant.

I love my guitar. I hope you love yours too. :)
:bravo:
Music is a big continent with different landscapes and corners. Some of them I do visit frequently, some from time to time and some I know from hearsay only ...

John higgon
Amateur luthier

Post by John higgon » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:17 pm

Best value classical guitar? Not bragging, but it's got to be the one I sold to a friend of mine for the cost of the materials. :cry:

Return to “Luthiers”