Announcement: to all amateur luthier members

Construction and repair of Classical Guitar and related instruments
barnesbyron75

Re: Announcement: to all amateur luthier members

Post by barnesbyron75 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:45 pm

not sure if I already did this, but I would like to be added to the list. Thanks
Byron Barnes in Benicia CA.

lonnieboy

Post by lonnieboy » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:46 pm

Hi BarnesByron75;Wellcome to the forum.I was born in Lodi but did go to kindergarten in Benicia.I'm in Manchester tennessee now Lonnieboy :casque:

Beth Mayer

Post by Beth Mayer » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:03 pm

I just found this forum today and understand I need to make a couple posts before I am official, but I would like to be in the amateur luthier forum category, please. I'm looking forward to following this forum. I recognize a couple of names from another luthier hangout....hi Waddy...I really admire your work! Thanks, Beth

Vito Simplicio
Composer & Moderator
Composer & Moderator

Post by Vito Simplicio » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:09 pm

Hi Beth,

Welcome!

Your requested has been noted. Now that you've joined, please take the time to introduce yourself here.

:merci: Vito
( vitO )===:::

Oberg (2008)
Takamine C136S (1977)

Classical Guitar Forum

Waddy Thomson
Luthier

Post by Waddy Thomson » Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:16 pm

Hi Beth - Thanks! Glad to see you here.
Waddy

Link to Build Albums - See Profile

Bob Gibfried

Post by Bob Gibfried » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:25 am

I'd like to be added or included in the Amature Luither Group. I know I probably need a few more posts but I've got a couple out there. I'm on my 4th guitar now and still trying to work out bugs. I love the end finish of my labor. I'm adicted to building guitars!!!! Lol I have lots of questions and need lots of help.. Lol

Thanks!!!

Bob

Erik Zurcher

Post by Erik Zurcher » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:00 am

Welcome, Bob! You are now officially an amateur luthier. :wink:
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

Bob Gibfried

Post by Bob Gibfried » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:57 am

Thank you. I've just aquired a camara that I'll be able to use with my computer and hope to post pictures this weekend!!

Paolo Florentine

Post by Paolo Florentine » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:45 am

Hi,

I'm Paolo,an amateur luthier from Florence,Italy. I'd like to be added in the amateur luthier group.

billr

Post by billr » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:18 pm

I'm an amateur luthier. Please add me. Thanks.

I'm into instrument building for the satisfaction of creating quality instruments, and for the challenge of achieving great sound. If I sell anything, it will be because someone has made me a good offer (as in the case of the 12-string classical I sold recently), or because my house can't keep filling up with guitars and ukuleles.

Wilson Burnham

Post by Wilson Burnham » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:12 pm

Please include me as an amateur! I have sold several guitars, but not my living at it-yet. I am a master carpenter in historic preservation and have played the classical guitar for nearly forty years. I made my first classical guitar in 1997, it was a copy of a 1815 Martinez guitar and today I have five guitars that I need to finish the french polish on.

I look forward to being part of this forum!

Wilson Burnham

Stuart Christie
Luthier

Post by Stuart Christie » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:16 pm

Hi, I'm an amateur luthier in the south of England. I am learning a lot from the forum already. please could you add me to this group.

Stuart

FDimmick

Post by FDimmick » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:15 pm

Good day, I'm an amateur luthier in eastern US. This forum has much useful information and helpful thoughts. I'm starting small - ukulele, and am now beginning a 00 guitar. There is much to learn and share -- and that's what interests me. Please add me to this topic. :merci:

pogmoor

Post by pogmoor » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:38 pm

Hello FDimmick,

Welcome to the forum. You can find out a lot about us by looking at this welcome page and a description of forum rules here.

You can be added to the Amateur Luthiers group once you have become a participating member of the forum; there is an active Luthiers section that I'm sure you will enjoy. In the meantime please consider introducing yourself here so other forum members get to know a bit about you.
Eric from GuitarLoot
Renaissance and Baroque freak; classical guitars by Lester Backshall (2008) and Paul Fischer (1995)
Yamaha SLG 130NW silent classical guitar (2014)

Colin83

Post by Colin83 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:47 am

I am just about to start my first classical guitar build - please add me to the list

Return to “Luthiers”