Announcement: to all amateur luthier members

Construction and repair of Classical Guitar and related instruments
John Washington

Re: Announcement: to all amateur luthier members

Postby John Washington » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:32 pm

Hi,
I'm just about to start building and have my workshop - please add me to the list.

Larry Schultz

Postby Larry Schultz » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:16 pm

Hello from Wisconsin. I am an amateur luthier, having completed 5 classical guitars over the past few years, most of which have turned out pretty well (didn't get the neck angle right on the first one, resulting in a too low bridge and not enough break angle over the saddle; live and learn!). I know I've got a lot to learn and would like to be included in the Amateur Luthier forum.
Larry Schultz

. HD

Bruno Piancatelli
Amateur luthier

Postby Bruno Piancatelli » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:31 am

Hello, I would like to be included in the amateur group.
Im from Argentina. currently building my 5th guitar.
and I would like to have my current user name changed for my real name, I coudn´t do it my self.
Bruno Piancatelli.
Thanks!

Tarbaby (1953 - 2016)

Postby Tarbaby (1953 - 2016) » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:51 am

Hello Bruno,

I have brought your request to Mr. Delcamp's attention. It might take a day or two, so please be patient. :wink:

Alan

Bruno Piancatelli
Amateur luthier

Postby Bruno Piancatelli » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:19 am

Thanks you!

MartinCogg
Amateur luthier

Postby MartinCogg » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:40 pm

I hope I qualify for the special coloured name too.

I've built some instruments from kits, so far, years 2000-2005, an 8 course lute, then 2 renaissance citterns, then a renaissance guitar... a gap, then started a 6 course lute a few years ago... reached neck glued to body stage then got distracted by other things. Next stage the soundboard - haven't come up with a good fresh rose design yet - maybe tomorrow :mouton:

When that's completed I hope I'll get onto building instruments from scratch - I certainly want to. Taking the time away from other pursuits is the stumbling block.

I always make my own top nuts and bridge saddles (sawing up marrow bones intended for doggies) for my classical guitars etc., showing signs of a reasonable 'from scratch' attitude,

Martin.

Prashanth Sebastian

Postby Prashanth Sebastian » Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:35 pm

Erik Zurcher wrote:
GuitarVlog wrote:How will we distinguish the professionals from the amateurs?

Professional luthiers build guitars for money. Amateur luthiers build guitars as a hobby and not as their main source of income. The word amateur comes from 'amato' (love). It is certainly not a (dis)qualification! The amateur luthiers can use their forum name, the professionals are obliged to be known on this forum by their real name.

:bravo:

DavidAlabaster

Postby DavidAlabaster » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:25 pm

Hi,
I am half way through building my 3rd guitar now after converting my garage into a workshop last year and I am now completely hooked.
Made everything from scratch including rosette using some burr from a plum tree I cut down in the garden.
1st one came out pretty well (I used the Bogdanovich book) although plenty of mistakes I know about (I know where to look) and 2nd instrument was a definite improvement. Pictures of finished instruments and the build process on my website.

Please could you add me to the list.
Thanks
David

Jeff H.

Postby Jeff H. » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:46 am

Please add me to the list..

Jeff Hildreth

John higgon
Amateur luthier

Postby John higgon » Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:29 pm

I count myself as an amateur luthier.

John Higgon

Henrique Gabriel

Postby Henrique Gabriel » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:00 pm

Hi
I'd like to be added to the list please.
Thanks in advance

Carlos Espinosa Tarrago

Postby Carlos Espinosa Tarrago » Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:58 pm

Hi my complete name is Carlos J. Espinosa Tarrago ... i build and i'm selling instrument , i repair , restore and set up , mainly classical and flamenco guitars . But i don't really consider myself a professional luthier , a least not yet . I believe i haven't build my signature guitar yet , i've been experimenting whit different methods as far as the availability of building material in my country ( by the way i'm from Argentina ) allows some experimentation. But i think that is a long process a long road , so i don't consider myself a professional luthier yet , and i'd like to be included in the amateur list . Thanks a lot . Carlos.

Kevin Clark
Amateur luthier

Postby Kevin Clark » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:35 pm

I've just started my first build. Could you add me too, thankyou.

Kevin Clark

Chris Sobel
Luthier

Postby Chris Sobel » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:27 am

Hello,

I'm working on my first build right now--it's a SP/IRW Hauser/Elliott style. I hope to get it done in time for the GAL convention this summer! Can you add me to the list?

Thanks,

Chris
CE Sobel Guitars

WilliamP

Postby WilliamP » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:26 pm

Hi,

I have built two guitars to date. Most recent was a Flamenco built while a student with Gerard Gilet.

Just setting up my workshop after moving to a new house, looking forward to starting my next guitar soon.

Please add me to the list.

Regards,
William

Return to “Luthiers”