Announcement: to all amateur luthier members

Construction and repair of Classical Guitar and related instruments
VuTran
Amateur luthier

Re: Announcement: to all amateur luthier members

Post by VuTran » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:32 am

Hello. I've been making guitars for 4 years and I've done 28 guitars in both hybrid, latice, Hauser and 6 steel string guitars but I haven't sold them yet. I keep them for reference after each build. Can you add me to the list? I would like to be an amateur luthier.

Thanks,

Vu

PeteD

Post by PeteD » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:02 am

Please add me to the list. 6 steel string instruments built, and a couple on the bench just starting. Next one will be done with and for my 11 year old son. Hopefully he can join the list someday also!

colin north
Amateur luthier

Post by colin north » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:27 pm

Please include me in the amateur luthier members group.
5 built, 1 in progress.
Antonio Sanchez 1015
2 x self build OM's, 1 Parlor.

martykellyvrod

Post by martykellyvrod » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:02 pm

Please include me in the amateur luthier members group as well. I've completed 7 classical guitars and have 2 in process.
Thanks,
Marty

tybon
Amateur luthier

Post by tybon » Sun May 18, 2014 3:42 pm

Hi, please add me to amatuer luthier. You can see the guitars I have built on my page. Thanks.

Tybon

Jim Ball

Post by Jim Ball » Sat May 24, 2014 6:38 pm

I am new to this forum, and new to guitar making, but not new to musical instrument making. Please add my name to the amateur forum when I have made the necessary number of posts to the general Luthier forums. :)

Mayes
Amateur luthier

Post by Mayes » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:24 pm

I am an avid luthier-hobbiest. I have made about 130 guitars and related instruments. ( Renaissance guitar, baroque guitar, 19th C. guitar, vihuela) I give away what I can't sell for peanuts.

Jim Ball

Post by Jim Ball » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:31 am

I asked to be added to the Amateur sub-forum when I joined, hoping I would automatically be added when my post count was high enough. Either it doesn't work that way, or my post count still isn't high enough. In any event, I am requesting again to be added to the Amateur Forum.

Thanks!

Tarbaby (1953 - 2016)

Post by Tarbaby (1953 - 2016) » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:28 am

Hi Jim,

Only Erik can register you to this group, so I'll let him know about your request. He was at a guitar retreat in Scotland, but should be back today.

Best wishes,

Alan

Edit: Oops! :oops: I just noticed that you are already in the group.

Edward Aviza
Amateur luthier

Post by Edward Aviza » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:53 pm

Hello, I would like to be added to the amateur luthier group. I have sent a request this morning to change my username to Edward Aviza.

Thank you!
2015 Kris Barnett, #87, spruce, lattice braced, raised fretboard
2013 Kenneth Hill Signature double-top, cedar face, lattice, raised fretboard
2005 Kenneth Hill Signature double-top, spruce face, 7-fan
National Steel Dobro
Gibson SG

Jim Ball

Post by Jim Ball » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:51 pm

Tarbaby wrote:Hi Jim,

Only Erik can register you to this group, so I'll let him know about your request. He was at a guitar retreat in Scotland, but should be back today.

Best wishes,

Alan

Edit: Oops! :oops: I just noticed that you are already in the group.
Hi Alan,
Erik sent me a message. I guess I've been in the group since my first request a couple of months ago. I was confused (easy at my age!) and was expecting to find access to a discussion sub-forum just for amateurs when I was admitted to the group. When the sub-forum never appeared, I just assumed I wasn't a member yet. Doh! There is no sub-forum. :roll:

Charles Simons

Post by Charles Simons » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:29 pm

Hello, I'm very interested in joining this list. I started making guitars in 2002 - made a couple of dreadnaughts and then went into making electrics (les pauls, etc) trying to get my kid interested in playing. That worked pretty well - he does rock, jazz and now he's progressed to level 4 on the classical. His teacher complains about his guitar and wants me to buy him another - that ain't gonna happen... so I'm looking to gear up to make one. As a way to get my mind back into acoustics, I've nearly completed a '000' Martin style 12 fret steel string and I'm hoping to parlay some of those techniques and tools/jigs to making the classical. Can't wait to get into this project!

Aerostoon

Post by Aerostoon » Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:13 am

Hi, I would like to also be added to the Amateur Luthier Group. I have been doing my own repair and restoration work for a few years.

Manuel Liria Romero

Post by Manuel Liria Romero » Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:33 pm

Hi, I would like to be removed from this list.

The reason is because I'm a part time luthier, since I build full time during half of the year, and I sell guitars.
I think it hurts my reputation to appear as an amateur luthier.

Thanks.

Ricardo Barros
Amateur luthier

Post by Ricardo Barros » Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:29 pm

Hi,

Please add me to the amateur luthier group. I have built 2 classical guitars, and am currently building the third one.

Thanks !
Sergio Abreu 2012 (sp/ir)
Ricardo Barros 2013 (cd/ir)

Return to “Luthiers”