Alto Guitar

Construction and repair of Classical Guitar and related instruments
anhess

Alto Guitar

Post by anhess » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:44 pm

Hello,
in the end of the last year I connected Henrik Jansson http://www.handcraftedguitars.se/ in Stockholm via E-Mail and ordered to build an Alto Guitar for me. Two weeks ago it came in a Flight Case. It is in an fabulous quality, the French Polish is wonderful, the intonation is perfect, the tone is growing from day to day...... A perfect and friendly deal, enjoy the pictures... :-)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/48595749@N07/show/

Does anybody play Alto in this Forum too?

Bye Andreas

juerg

Re: Alto Guitar

Post by juerg » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:57 pm

Wow, that is one beauty! Can you post some sound samples?

GuitarVlog

Post by GuitarVlog » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:49 pm

anhess wrote:Does anybody play Alto in this Forum too?
If I could budget for one, I'd be playing it.

Thanks for those pics. Really wonderful instrument that you have.

mrfloyd

Post by mrfloyd » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:25 pm

Andreas,

If your guitar sounds as lovely as it looks than you have a winner!

I have always wanted an alto guitar. Here in the states they are as rare as hen's teeth and when one goes on sale it is gone before I know it.

Would you mind PM me with how much you paid, I went to the website and there was no mention of this.

Best Regards,
Floyd

André Blanc

Post by André Blanc » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:16 pm

Hello

I have some questions.. I would like to play Weiss & Bach Musi as it was written by the composer and that why I am thinking of getting a 13 string guitar.. dune in D minor... can you tell me :
what repertoire do you play with the 11 string altguitar ?
How do you tune her ?
Is it like a 11 course baroque lute ?

And finally what is the string lenght you choose and why.

regards

André
lots of lattice & double top, 6 course Lute Paul Tompson, , acoustic guitar , H&D OOSP, Blue Fower fender telecaster and some more . www.concert-classical-guitar.com

anhess

Post by anhess » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:41 pm

Hi Andre
I`d like to play Bach and Weiss too, this moment I practice the Ciacona in g minor by Weiss. The sheets are from here: http://www.guitar168.com/index.htm
The fingering is the same as Göran Söllscher does. I can do his recordings as a guide.....
The measure is 57, I use Pro Arte Alto Guitar strings, maybe you can find some ideas at the Alto Forum.
Bye Andreas

karlbruma

Post by karlbruma » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:37 pm

Hi Andreas,

You know anything about Henrik Jansson? The website is no longer available.

Thanks

Tomzooki

Post by Tomzooki » Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:01 am

Yes! I play the altgitarren too! I got mine from Heikki Rousu in the end of april. I love it, it is a fantastic instrument. I have not play it, nor my 6-strings, since 5 weeks because I am in a very intense period of my studies :( Before that, I was working on Piccinnini's 6th toccata, Kapsberger's 6th toccata, and the Praludium and The Battle Gaillard from Dowland. The Weiss Ciaccona is my next project... when I will have more time... I love the alto guitar!!
Benoît Raby, Engelmann sp/Ziricote
Yamaha GC-3A
11-strings alto guitar by Heikki Rousu, sp/indonesian RW

Boomer

Post by Boomer » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:46 pm

I have ordered an 11 and 13 string alto guitar although I have found some music for the 11 string I am finding it harder to find 13 string alto guitar music. However I'm still in the process of looking.

Boomer

Post by Boomer » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:54 pm

Hello Tomzooki I also have ordered my guitars from Heikki he said there was a book called altgitarren published in 1998 by Per-Olov Jonsson. Does anyone know where I can buy this book . Thank you

Return to “Luthiers”