Best tuning machines?

Construction and repair of Classical Guitar and related instruments
ChristianSchwengeler
Luthier

Re: Best tuning machines?

Post by ChristianSchwengeler » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:48 pm

Just run into these from Barber in Valencia, They are made in Taiwan, Barber sells them for about 150 euros, I guess ex VAT. They look good and promising. Any experiendce with it?? The name is Perona tuners. made in taiwan - put perhaps you know that Taiwan is very diferent from China.

perona tuners 572.jpg
perona 677.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Philipp Lerche
Amateur luthier

Post by Philipp Lerche » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:30 pm

They look good Christian !

Reminds me a bit of the Rubners I recently had to order for my new custom build.
Does these white spindles actually have a bearing ?

Here's a picture of Rubner Superior 160€ but not exatcly the ones I ordered though.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done."
Bruce Lee

Best regards
Phil

ChristianSchwengeler
Luthier

Post by ChristianSchwengeler » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:33 am

Philipp Lerche wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:30 pm
They look good Christian !

Reminds me a bit of the Rubners I recently had to order for my new custom build.
Does these white spindles actually have a bearing ?

Here's a picture of Rubner Superior 160€ but not exatcly the ones I ordered though.
Yes they have bearings. Personally I had some issues with the ebony knobs on the Rubners, even if the tuners work smoth, the handles have some play which is not so nice, but it is not the superior series, just the special series with the teflon, even like that not so happy about it.

Return to “Luthiers”