Zbigniew Gnatek

Construction and repair of Classical Guitar and related instruments
jonathanpranoto

Zbigniew Gnatek

Post by jonathanpranoto » Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:45 am

Hi Guys,

I would like to ask anyone have Zbigniew Gnatek contact person either Email, Phone, Fax?

Thank you

brian

Re: Zbigniew Gnatek

Post by brian » Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:16 am

maybe Rick Falkiner's guitar site might help?

"Zbigniew Gnatek" always reminds me of
a bad scrabble hand.
if at first you don't succeed try again.
then quit.
there's no use being a damn fool about it.
-w.c. fields

jonathanpranoto

Post by jonathanpranoto » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:49 am

Thanks for the reply

i try to find the luthier directly myself, it will be nice to have a little bit conversation with the luthier

simonm
Amateur luthier

Post by simonm » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:13 am

If you look up the Sydney phone book there is one Z Gnatek listed on the north west side of Sydney. Good chance its the right guy. I believe he also goes by Steve Gnatek.

Jacek A. Rochacki

Post by Jacek A. Rochacki » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:26 am

simonm wrote:If you look up the Sydney phone book there is one Z Gnatek listed on the north west side of Sydney. Good chance its the right guy. I believe he also goes by Steve Gnatek.
Well, Zbigniew Gnatek is Polish surname and family name. In Polish Steve (Steven) is Stefan, and as far as I know Zbigniew does not have an equivalent in English. Americans of Polish ancestry with Polish names would rather use shortened, anglicized form: Zbig, like prof. Zbigniew Brzeziński, former advisor to US President, known as Zbig Brzeziński. But, of course, everything is possible...
Antonio Picado, model 60, 2015, Cedar/IRW. Scale 640 mm.
Kenny Hill, model Madrid, 2002, No. 2019, Cedar/IRW. Scale 650 mm.

jonathanpranoto

Post by jonathanpranoto » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:27 pm

Thank you for the reply guys,

i'm wondering now, nobody ever bought the guitar directly to him? all his guitars sold through dealers?

Jacek A. Rochacki

Post by Jacek A. Rochacki » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:56 pm

jonathanpranoto wrote:Thank you for the reply guys,
i'm wondering now, nobody ever bought the guitar directly to him? all his guitars sold through dealers?
if you wish, I will ask one of contemporary Polish virtuoso players, prof. Krzysztof Pełech how he acquired his Gnatek guitar as he was playing guitar by Mr. Gnatek some time ago.

Keith

Post by Keith » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:59 pm

i "yahoo-ed" the name yahoo gave me:
Trilogy Guitars
826 Bustleton Pike Suite 203
Feasterville, Pennsylvania 19053
United States

maybe contacting trilogy guitars is the way to go.
be true to the one you love but have many flings with different guitars

simonm
Amateur luthier

Post by simonm » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:09 pm

No idea. But if a luthier can manage to to sell all his production through a small set of top dealers, it must be heaven. No need to deal with the public (i.e. spend 50% of you time on communication and non-building related stuff) and a good price even if it is about half of the what the dealer charges.

jonathanpranoto

Post by jonathanpranoto » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:36 pm

Jacek A. Rochacki wrote:
if you wish, I will ask one of contemporary Polish virtuoso players, prof. Krzysztof Pełech how he acquired his Gnatek guitar as he was playing guitar by Mr. Gnatek some time ago.

please, if you don't mind, when you got something you can send me an private msg, thanks

Tom

Post by Tom » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:38 pm

I have heard if this luthier but I still having difficult to pronounce his name correctly..??

jonathanpranoto

Post by jonathanpranoto » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:40 pm

simonm wrote:

No idea. But if a luthier can manage to to sell all his production through a small set of top dealers, it must be heaven. No need to deal with the public (i.e. spend 50% of you time on communication and non-building related stuff) and a good price even if it is about half of the what the dealer charges.

it's happen with many top luthiers, they're untouchable, pretty annoying ha? :D for me it's very important step to communicate with the luthier when acquiring their guitars, and also, it must be cheaper hahaha, and really if i'm a luthier i prefer to communicate also with the players

Jacek A. Rochacki

Post by Jacek A. Rochacki » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:08 pm

@jonathanpranoto:
PM sent.

Matthew22

Post by Matthew22 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:08 pm

jonathanpranoto wrote:
simonm wrote:

it's happen with many top luthiers, they're untouchable, pretty annoying ha? :D for me it's very important step to communicate with the luthier when acquiring their guitars, and also, it must be cheaper hahaha, and really if i'm a luthier i prefer to communicate also with the players
I don't know, serious buyers might be a lot of fun, but you might not feel that way after answering e-mail after e-mail of non serious buyers or just questions, working with people can be exhausting.

jonathanpranoto

Post by jonathanpranoto » Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:18 pm

I don't know, serious buyers might be a lot of fun, but you might not feel that way after answering e-mail after e-mail of non serious buyers or just questions, working with people can be exhausting.
What do you mean with "serious buyers" ?
for me i can make the decision to buy or not to buy the guitar with communicate with the luthiers, well at least it's one of the most important step to acquiring guitar

Return to “Luthiers”